The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Magic Beans

Re: The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Post by Magic Beans »

This one's a little different to the red one. Still a MkII and turbo, just different. Plus it doesn't need work, apparently at least...

I'd mulled over buying a 240Z/Fairlady but didn't relish the idea of having two projects. If I had that the MR2 would inevitably end up waiting for years to be sorted. That goes against my original plan, so for now at least I'm holding off on the Z project. Technically I already have a Z, just not a Datsun and not from '77 :mrgreen:
Chumbaside
Premium Member

Post by Chumbaside »

Nice to see you breathing life back into another MR2 :clap:

Mine is engine out as I add a lovely Garrett G25-660 into the mix plus various other bits! It really is the gift that keeps on giving :lol:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Chumbaside wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:58 am
Nice to see you breathing life back into another MR2 :clap:

Mine is engine out as I add a lovely Garrett G25-660 into the mix plus various other bits! It really is the gift that keeps on giving :lol:

Oh, we're up to 4 viewers! :lol:

Good to see there's still a few people rattling around on the forum :D We really should push to get people back on here rather than FB etc.

How's the car feel with a modern turbo on it? I'd imagine that combined with a modern ECU and the other toys would transform the drive? 8)
Chumbaside
Premium Member

Post by Chumbaside »

How's the car feel with a modern turbo on it? I'd imagine that combined with a modern ECU and the other toys would transform the drive? 8)

I'll let you know once it's all back together - aiming for mapping mid-February...
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I hope it all goes well :thumleft:

You should create a build thread, it's quite cathartic when you look back.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I'd hoped this update would be me talking about another addition to the car fold. The reality is I've been trying to buy another MR2 but it's all come to nothing :-|

There were four different cars I've been trying to see or secure over the last six weeks. Each of them going nowhere due to little to no communication and the car eventually turning out to be in bad shape, the owner changing their mind, one turning out to be previously written off etc. When did it become so difficult to buy cars?!

The side effect of that had been that work on the Rev 3 (formally known as Mule X) has stalled. However, after a bit of a rethink I'm back on track and whatever happens with extra cars, happens.

That's pretty much it for now. No photos, no progress, just a guy staring at a screen writing this and mentally kicking a can down the road *thousand yard stare whilst thinking about cars*
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Life has a funny habit of throwing up twists and turns. The day after I wrote my last post (many thanks to both people who read it by the way :mrgreen:) and start to ask myself why I'm even looking, something appears out of the blue.

It would seem I've just put a deposit down on a little something, with its delivery being worked out at the moment. It's going to need some work but I see through its current slightly sad exterior and know that with some time, work and a chunk of cash, the end product is something I'll have for a long time.

I'll save photos of it for when it's been delivered. However, for now I'll turn to a little something a friend bought me, which seems to have been a somewhat phophetic gesture :o

Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I've done that thing where you leave it too long before posting an update, because you know it will take hours to do. All the while yet more stuff is happening and you realise it's going to take about 1/2 a day to write-up! 8-[

Return to “Member Profiles”