Rear bushes help

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Rear bushes help

Post by Ryan S »

So looking for the bushes that go in the rear control arm at the subframe.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw= ... Toyota+MR2

Found these but not sure if it's m14 or m12 i need. I'm not away to pull the bolt out as i remember just about torching the car doing it on the ground!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: Rear bushes help

Post by Ryan S »

Managed to source a new set off a local member :)
Equium Duo

Post by Equium Duo »

I have the Superpro stuff in my wishlist.
What was your reasoning to go Powerflex?

I watched I think Mighty Car MODs and they said that SuperPro have progressive shore strength throughout most bushes they create and they are tuned for compliance, not just being "rock solid." I can't find the video where they said hat though lol. I've been following your build very closely. I like to ehar your reasoning.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I just came across these ones first. My inner bushes are seriously worn out so literally anything is going to be better than what's in there! I did watch the mcm build but never realised they replaced this part. I'll have another watch :)

It just so happened a friend had these very ones in his garage so the decision was made for me ha!
Equium Duo

Post by Equium Duo »

Ryan S wrote:I just came across these ones first. My inner bushes are seriously worn out so literally anything is going to be better than what's in there! I did watch the mcm build but never realised they replaced this part. I'll have another watch :)

It just so happened a friend had these very ones in his garage so the decision was made for me ha!

It might not have been the MR2, I dont quite remember. It was the comment on Superpro bushes in general.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ah ok, I'll see how these go. I'm tempted to replace the arms anyway. TCB have decent ones for £104 for a pair.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”