Any Nardi steering wheel users?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Juliuswws

Any Nardi steering wheel users?

Post by Juliuswws »

Hi Guys,

Looking to upgrade my steering wheel to a Nardi one but not sure yet what hub should I use.
I think I could use some momo+pcd adapter or some other brand, but not sure which would fit my REV3.
I want the steering wheel positioned either at the same distance to the dash or closer to it.

These are the 3 which I would choose from. First 2 is flat, the 3rd is 60mm deep dish style.

I think I like the 3rd one most, since its deep dish style.
Of course this is the very one which could sit further away from the dash.
Anyone has experience with these deep dish ones?

As I said, the first priority is to have the new steering wheel positioned at the same or closer to the dash.

I found this slim hub, but its only compatible with REV1 and 2...according to the description.
I have a REV3 Turbo.

https://www.driftworks.com/nrg-short-st ... -120h.html

Thanks
Race Idiot

Re: Any Nardi steering wheel users?

Post by Race Idiot »

Personally I prefer the HKB bosses, mine is the older style one though. I do run a driftworks snap off adapter on top of the boss for a spacer and to make it easier to get out of the fixed back seat.

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/hkb-steer ... -sw20.html

This is an older pic of my car, I no longer have that wheel and the seat is now a recaro pole position.

Currently have this wheel
https://www.driftworks.com/personal-tro ... 350mm.html
Juliuswws

Post by Juliuswws »

Race Idiot wrote:Personally I prefer the HKB bosses, mine is the older style one though. I do run a driftworks snap off adapter on top of the boss for a spacer and to make it easier to get out of the fixed back seat.

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/hkb-steer ... -sw20.html

This is an older pic of my car, I no longer have that wheel and the seat is now a recaro pole position.
Image Replaced With URL For Quote https://i.imgur.com/zqVJJNu.jpg

Currently have this wheel
https://www.driftworks.com/personal-tro ... 350mm.html

Thank for your reply and the link.
I see you had the steering wheel no.2 on my list.
With the setup on the picture with the quick release, the wheel would be too close to me, but without it I guess it should be fine.

For deep dish, the slim one I linked must work fine regardless of the REV of the car.

Cheers
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

I only needed the quick release once I started using a fixed bucket seat. As it seemed to move the wheel away from me, the quick release acted as a spacer and also made it easier to get out of the seat haha.

If you've still got reclining seats it's probably fine without, also depending on what sort of shape you are. I must have short arms haha.
Juliuswws

Post by Juliuswws »

Race Idiot wrote:I only needed the quick release once I started using a fixed bucket seat. As it seemed to move the wheel away from me, the quick release acted as a spacer and also made it easier to get out of the seat haha.

If you've still got reclining seats it's probably fine without, also depending on what sort of shape you are. I must have short arms haha.

Still got the original seats so I think I go with the hub you suggested and the first steering wheel which is flat. Hope the hub fits any car as every site has some comments/exeptions for OT-202. Just a few:
-Driftworks does't list SW20, only AW11
-Rhdjapan: "SW20 With Airbag, With Monitor Lamp"

I have 1995 without airbag. Anyways I chance it, it must work.

I consider myself average (175cm) with 15kg overweight :)
I drive with my arms 95% streched out holding the wheel at 9 and 3 o'clock.
Not suitable for competitive driving, but I rarely do that.

Cheers
Juliuswws

Post by Juliuswws »

Race Idiot wrote:I only needed the quick release once I started using a fixed bucket seat. As it seemed to move the wheel away from me, the quick release acted as a spacer and also made it easier to get out of the seat haha.

Ordered the steering wheel, it'll arrive on Monday :)
I actually changed my mind several times, but eventually went with Twin line as you did before and ordered the hkb hub.

Just googleing now, I noticed that the clock spring has to go. I have no airbag, so no biggy.
However, I would like to know how you managed to connect the horn without the clock spring?
Also, is the steering angle sensor is effected in any way?

Thanks
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

I have a 350mm deep dish. Very nice steering wheel. It will take you a little while to get used to the indicator storks being a little further away.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

I don't remember messing with the clockspring on mine?
Juliuswws

Post by Juliuswws »

Race Idiot wrote:I don't remember messing with the clockspring on mine?

You remember correctly, I was wrong. With other hubs you have to, but not with these ones.

Cheers

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”