Barn find

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tottacrolla

Re: Barn find

Post by tottacrolla »

2mad wrote:How long till shes up n running bud .

My intention is to get it running properly so that I can run the engine occasionally over the winter. HFH (to finish) and alternator sorted out will see it ready for that.

MoT in March 2017 and I'll be doing some classic runs etc. throughout the Year.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

tottacrolla wrote:
2mad wrote:How long till shes up n running bud .

My intention is to get it running properly so that I can run the engine occasionally over the winter. HFH (to finish) and alternator sorted out will see it ready for that.

MoT in March 2017 and I'll be doing some classic runs etc. throughout the Year.

Nice plan and work .... hope all goes well :thumleft:
tottacrolla

Post by tottacrolla »

Thanks for the encouragement :thumleft:
Might need it...
New HFH but I discovered this:

Has anyone got one for sale ?

Cheers
tottacrolla

Post by tottacrolla »

This part is now discontinued at Toyota and the *bay breakers don't bother responding.
Someone must have one for sale somewhere !
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

Get yours repaired a decent welder would fix that
2mad

Post by 2mad »

tottacrolla wrote:Thanks for the encouragement :thumleft:
Might need it...
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i.imgur.com/zAfxt9f.jpg

Cheers

is that the oil out pipe for the turbo :?: ... i have one i bought new only had minimal use :thumleft: if i can find it make me an offer + pnp

Kev.
tottacrolla

Post by tottacrolla »

2mad wrote:
tottacrolla wrote:Thanks for the encouragement :thumleft:
Might need it...
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i.imgur.com/zAfxt9f.jpg

Cheers

is that the oil out pipe for the turbo :?: ... i have one i bought new only had minimal use :thumleft: if i can find it make me an offer + pnp Kev.

Kev that is a really nice offer, thanks. The pipe pictured is a coolant pipe that bolts onto the oil cooler and connects to the 'hose from hell'
Possibly could be welded and that might be an option for the future if I can't find one in the medium term. For now I have managed to slip over a piece of tube and have clamped either end. There is plenty of strength in the pipe as it withstood quite a bit of pressure when fitting the rubber pipe.
Top tip !
Boil an old saucepan full of water and dip the rubber pipe in occasionally to soften it up enough to allow it to slide on, lubricate with washing up liquid.

It is fitted on now but I got really fed up trying to fit the clip onto the other pipe on the oil cooler, I think it's known as the 'hose from hell on Earth'
Another tip !
Remove the thermostat housing to get access to the clip.
When the rain stops I'll finish it all off.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Oww mate you really do seem to be up against it ... rooting for you :thumleft:
tottacrolla

Post by tottacrolla »

2mad wrote:Oww mate you really do seem to be up against it ... rooting for you :thumleft:

The rooting must have helped !
Used a new clip and it went on first try. Old clip was bending instead of opening.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

tottacrolla wrote:
2mad wrote:Oww mate you really do seem to be up against it ... rooting for you :thumleft:

The rooting must have helped !
Used a new clip and it went on first try. Old clip was bending instead of opening.

Yay O:)

:thumleft:
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

That does not translate very well in to Australian... :oops:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

aussieGT wrote:

Hahaha ... in English it just means im behind you 100% ... you cant read anything into that sentence :whistle: O:)
androo007

Post by androo007 »

aussieGT wrote:

"Gee whizz! I see ya taking a right tankering there bru, I'll get Barney and we'll head out for a fosters, give yer a slap on the old chap, chin up skippy we got your back"
2mad

Post by 2mad »

androo007 wrote:
aussieGT wrote:

"Gee whizz! I see ya taking a right tankering there bru, I'll get Barney and we'll head out for a fosters, give yer a slap on the old chap, chin up skippy we got your back"

Ha ha ha haaaa :clap: :mrgreen:
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

androo007 wrote:
aussieGT wrote:

You want to slap me on the old chap?? What on earth has happened to this forum??

Think you are sticking some bro-town talk in there, apart from offering to slap my knob no idea what you mean!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

aussieGT wrote:
androo007 wrote:
aussieGT wrote:

You want to slap me on the old chap?? What on earth has happened to this forum??

Think you are sticking some bro-town talk in there, apart from offering to slap my knob no idea what you mean!

This has descended into kayos lol
craig

Post by craig »

aussieGT wrote:
androo007 wrote:
aussieGT wrote:

:lol:
androo007

Post by androo007 »

aussieGT wrote:
androo007 wrote:
aussieGT wrote:

That was a very english phrase you wrote there AussieGT... either you used google translate or.... you're a FAKE!
tottacrolla

Post by tottacrolla »

ooookay....
So it's back running with no fluid leaks.
The car is safely supported and I wanted to check that the turbo is doing its thing.
2nd gear about 3000rpm and loaded with the brakes, nothing showing on boost gauge. Would this test work or is there a better way of testing without actually driving it ?
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

androo007 wrote:

That was a very english phrase you wrote there AussieGT... either you used google translate or.... you're a FAKE!

You are joking right? It might be English yes, but as I said, it didn't translate well to Australian. Comprende? They do speak English in Australia so not too sure about who/what/where might be fake.

And I reckon you are a fake 007. So there. :whistle:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”