Alloys sizes

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2nut123

Re: Alloys sizes

Post by mr2nut123 »

Any photoshop gurus who have some spare time, feel free to make my mspaint skills like shameful. Here's a pic of the car currently :)

SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Are those BBS LM's? Would be a crime to replace those with cheap replica wheels IMO :cry:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Gazza_DJ wrote:Are those BBS LM's? Would be a crime to replace those with cheap replica wheels IMO :cry:

They certainly are. They're in excellent condition, with staggered setup too. I know where you're coming from, and while I totally agree...I just don't get excited seeing multispoke wheels. I love the 5 or 6 spoke look personally. I don't race on the track, it's just a weekend toy so the small weight difference doesn't bother me, and I would much prefer the look for my occasional road use.

If you or anyone would like these, I'm open to sensible offers. They are genuine, along with the TOMs kit (who does replicas in Japan?!). They also have the BBS nuts and dust caps too.
auzzam

Post by auzzam »

mr2nut123 wrote:
auzzam wrote:as far as I am aware, I think the 114.3 is the same as 114. I've got JR12s (I wanted a dish on the back) they were 114

Some pics here: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=190008

Also I got them from drift works who were quiet a bit cheaper with faster delivery :thumleft:

God dammit, I think you've changed my mind from JR3 to JR12 now too. I'm loving the look of them. Did you need to get them larger on the rears so that the dish was bigger on the back compared to the fronts? ET and diameter would be much appreciated. I want 17" ideally too. :thumleft:

Haha cheers fella! Yeah I too was looking at the jr3s till I saw the jr12 with the dish which was a no brainer for me.

I've got 17x8 et 33 on the fronts and 17x9 (for a deeper dish) et 25 on the back. I've got standard suspension and it very rarely rubs I think I've got 215s on the front and 225s on the back... Had to keep them narrow to avoid rubbing.

Also here's a PIC of them on a white mr2 (this is the pic that made me buy them!)

http://oi58.tinypic.com/21al7pv.jpg
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

auzzam wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:
auzzam wrote:as far as I am aware, I think the 114.3 is the same as 114. I've got JR12s (I wanted a dish on the back) they were 114

Some pics here: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=190008

Also I got them from drift works who were quiet a bit cheaper with faster delivery :thumleft:

God dammit, I think you've changed my mind from JR3 to JR12 now too. I'm loving the look of them. Did you need to get them larger on the rears so that the dish was bigger on the back compared to the fronts? ET and diameter would be much appreciated. I want 17" ideally too. :thumleft:

Haha cheers fella! Yeah I too was looking at the jr3s till I saw the jr12 with the dish which was a no brainer for me.

I've got 17x8 et 33 on the fronts and 17x9 (for a deeper dish) et 25 on the back. I've got standard suspension and it very rarely rubs I think I've got 215s on the front and 225s on the back... Had to keep them narrow to avoid rubbing.

Also here's a PIC of them on a white mr2 (this is the pic that made me buy them!)

Oh aye, I saw that pic earlier. Very nice! Suits the MR2 for sure.

Ouch. ET25 must stick out a lot? I've got 245s on the rear so I'll try stick to ET35 all around. Do they do the JR12 in these offsets?
auzzam

Post by auzzam »

mr2nut123 wrote:
auzzam wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:

Ouch. ET25 must stick out a lot? I've got 245s on the rear so I'll try stick to ET35 all around. Do they do the JR12 in these offsets?

Nope unfortunately not, they dont stick out much at all, very flush. Unfortunately I've got my track wheels on the car at the moment so I can't take a photo to show you.

My advice would be go with what you feel looks best :thumleft:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

auzzam wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:
auzzam wrote:

Nope unfortunately not, they dont stick out much at all, very flush. Unfortunately I've got my track wheels on the car at the moment so I can't take a photo to show you.

My advice would be go with what you feel looks best :thumleft:

I'm in no mega rush. If you could post a load of angle pics that would be ace! :thumleft:
auzzam

Post by auzzam »

Sure, drop me a pm mid Novemberish, they should be back on by then (next track day is 7th Nov at silverstone) :thumleft:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Before:

After:

I personally much prefer the 6 spoke clean design with the matte bronze finish. I know the BBS is a better lighter wheel, and it's worth more, but I just don't think I can get used to them personally.

I know I'm mad, but...if anyone wants them, drop me a pm :thumleft:
auzzam

Post by auzzam »

the photoshopped one looks :thumleft:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

auzzam wrote:the photoshopped one looks :thumleft:

So your vote is for the TE37(ish) wheels :wink:

I just think on the TOMs kit, multispokes just have too much going on. They look fantastic on some MR2s though.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”