Torero's TRD Widebody Build Thread - Project Vendetta.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Torero

Re: Torero's TRD Widebody Build Thread - Project Vendetta.

Post by Torero »

So couple of weekends ago I went down to the Bexhill HQ as I'd managed to get a TRD spoiler and also somethin else I didn't expect. I was chatting with Patrick about how I'd seen TRD #15 owned by Neil Latham and it was the same blue as mine and that I was thinking of making mine more of an OEM replica, so get rid of the vented bonnet and inspection panels and get some Works Equip wheels and maybe refit the original mirrors. So fast forward to September and Les advertised a set of Works Equip wheels in great condition with valves, almost new tyres and centre caps for £400 less than you can get them as he wanted a quick sale. We chatted and came to an agreement and now all 4 corners and the ar$e end are dressed.

I can't begin to tell you how pleased I am it looks utterly stunning and I've had people stop and ask me about it simply when I'm getting something out fo the boot. I've really bonded with the car over the last weeks, especially after Chris sorting the stub axle out and getting a new windscreen and MOT.

So here are some pics, there'll be more to follow.

The spoiler makes a mahoosive difference

And the wheels are just perfect

I'm running 45 tyrewall on the rears and the coilovers need adjusting to suit but the effect is pretty impressive even withput the fine tuning.

3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
Torero

Post by Torero »

So a bit more on the small modding front, I really like the amber delete lenses but I think the corner triangles would look better in red against the blue coachwork as Shinny has on his.

I mentioned this to Matt (Dr. Hoon) when I met up with him and Chris (CDWood2010) for a beer at the end of summer and Matt said he had a set of the red USDM one and would happily swap with me.

So this.....

Now looks like this....the bonus is that they already have short looms so I can fit LEDs.

As you can see I've touched up the borders in gloss black but I think it's a big improvement and looks far more modern.

wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

Exactley what i did with mine

:thumleft:
That's a negative, Jim. I do not have the measles.
Hail Cosmos Eagle Rev 5, 1998 -
RIP White Eagle Rev 1, 1991 - 2016
ayresyboy

Post by ayresyboy »

The wheels look spot on John. Only a subtle difference to the Alumi K's. V tasty car now.
TheLepresean

Post by TheLepresean »

Truly beautiful car! And probably similar to what I'd do with mine if I had the time and money. I'd love to come have a look at the car in the flesh at some point, as you really aren't far from me and my job actually involves me driving through Westminster! Ironically, my girlfriend originally comes from Bexhill so we spend quite a bit of time down there as well!
Torero

Post by Torero »

wilkie senior wrote:Exactley what i did with mine
It works well with certain colours of bodywork and white is possbly the best Brian :thumleft:

ayresyboy wrote:The wheels look spot on John. Only a subtle difference to the Alumi K's. V tasty car now.
Thanks Andy still a bit of fettling as I've used the 25mm rear spacers from my old wheels to get around the Wilwood brakes but I've now got a smaller set as I'm not a fan of spacers on the front, anyhows I'm getting there. I also agree these additions have made it looks so much better.

TheLepresean wrote:Truly beautiful car! And probably similar to what I'd do with mine if I had the time and money. I'd love to come have a look at the car in the flesh at some point, as you really aren't far from me and my job actually involves me driving through Westminster!

Thanks Sean :thumleft: PM me and I'll let you know where it's sleeps you can pop along and see it, if I'm around we can grab a coffee and I can lift the lid to see the V6 in action :D

Thanks everyone for the comments, it's always good to have your efforts recognised. :clap:

TheLepresean

Post by TheLepresean »

Had a quick drive past whilst at work earlier (couldn't stop as I had some muppet driving right up my trumpet), but suffice to say as good as the photos look on here, in the flesh it looks even better!! Even in the wet/covered in leaves - that blue looks fantastic! :thumleft:

I look forward to hearing it at some point!!
Torero

Post by Torero »

Thanks Sean, if you're about early Saturday morning before 10:30, come over and have a look. We can lift the lid on the mighty V6 as well.

ads

Post by ads »

tremendous ! looks period with the wheels too, something special :thumleft:
antgman1

Post by antgman1 »

Had an enjoyable read through the thread. Love to see these kind of projects when all the hard work pays off and you end up with something really special at the end, lovely looking motor. I'm new to the world of MR2's and have only recently become an owner but I'm quickly understanding what all the fuss is about when you can get them looking as good as this.
antgman1

Post by antgman1 »

Had an enjoyable read through the thread. Love to see these kind of projects when all the hard work pays off and you end up with something really special at the end, lovely looking motor. I'm new to the world of MR2's and have only recently become an owner but I'm quickly understanding what all the fuss is about when you can get them looking as good as this.
Preey

Post by Preey »

It was a sad day for john but a good day for me 200 miles trip up the M1 to its new home and never missed a beat (not that i ever thought it would) :lol:
its gone to a good home & this time its a keeper for me :D

Thanks again John top bloke

Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Preey wrote:It was a sad day for john but a good day for me 200 miles trip up the M1 to its new home and never missed a beat (not that i ever thought it would) :lol:
its gone to a good home & this time its a keeper for me :D

Thanks again John top bloke

Didn't know this car was for sale, good to see you found yourself a decent mr2 though, hope you make the most of this one :wink:
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

He sold it!

You got a lovely car there
Torero

Post by Torero »

Thanks guys for all the kind words and in particular to Dave the new owner. It was a pleasure to meet you and delighted it has gone to a new home, love her, look after her and most of all enjoy her :D

I know a few of you are surprised but there were a few reasons I sold her;

Firstly, my division of RBS is being shut down between Christmas and next summer and they aren't recruiting so I'm out of work as of next year.

Secondly, Patrick (Headcase) had just sorted out the paintwork after the original had reacted, so the finish was smooth and gleaming and it looked amazing.

Finally, I've not had any time to drive it, I don't think I've put 5k miles on it in 2 years, it's sitting outside and whilst she never wants for anything it's not good for a car not to be driven. I used to know every pulse and tick of the engine and knew how good it was when I was using her regularly but I've become a bit of a stranger and she deserves better.

It's great to get the feedback of your very first drive Dave, she has never let me down so get the T-Bar glass off as it's going to be sunny this week and you'll fall in love with her. :thumleft:

vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

Can't believe it John :( will you still be at some of the shows or calling it a day?

Glad you found the right car Dave :thumleft:
Torero

Post by Torero »

vinp182 wrote:Can't believe it John :( will you still be at some of the shows or calling it a day?

I'll still do the shows Vinny, made too many good friends in the 8 years of MR2 ownership to simply stop being part of the community. I'll be at JAE this year even if I've got to sleep in a mobile shed. :D :D :D

androo007

Post by androo007 »

Wow this is one car I thought I'd never see sold. Asthetically in my opinion the perfect MR2.
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

Torero wrote:
vinp182 wrote:Can't believe it John :( will you still be at some of the shows or calling it a day?

I'll still do the shows Vinny, made too many good friends in the 8 years of MR2 ownership to simply stop being part of the community. I'll be at JAE this year even if I've got to sleep in a mobile shed. :D :D :D

We are away on holiday so can't make JAE this year but hopefully catch up at 1 of the others. Glad to hear you are sticking around mate :)
craig

Post by craig »

Stealth sale, John, I never saw that coming, especially with the recent work gone into putting a full TRD kit on plus respray and new wheels!

Return to “Member Profiles”