FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Gullzter

Re: FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Post by Gullzter »

ashley wrote:Was it starting to knock? Why would he retard ignition so drastically instead of just turning the boost down...looks like he's killed the torque just as it's starting to come on song, assuming it is purely ignition that is causing the rapid drop in torque after 6.3 - 6.4k rpm. Have you got an EGT sensor on it?

But it is just a dyno plot- the real proof is in the driving, and as long as your enjoying it that's all that matters: must feel like a rocket looking at the gradient of that torque plot!! :thumleft:

Wasn't anything to worry about but at higher boost it was detecting knock little knock, we could easily go for 2bar but he wants race fuel/higher octane for that, basically he's working on the same page as myself which is what I'm most pleased with :D

No EGT as I was in hospital for so long and I got out and only started feeling half normal a couple of days ago at which point I had been looking to order one but Chris had a cancellation so asked if I wanted to come in the next day to which I couldn't refuse :eye:
Will get one on asap though :thumleft:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Martin F wrote:
ashley wrote:must feel like a rocket looking at the gradient of that torque plot!! :thumleft:

Agree Totally, sometimes I accelerate with my boost controller off because it has a similar dyno plot but with a sticky actuator, means I am seeing a point of just 330 bhp at the wheels but it just builds up to that peak rather than getting there at 5k and holding it all the way through, it's nowhere near as fast as my final boost setting but feels much more exhilarating , if you know what I mean..... ;)

Still can't get over how much you bought this car for :shock: where was it advertised just out of interest ?

I'm keeping boost off and only when I see clear road do i switch it, it's absolutely nuts the difference between boost off and my high setting! :sick:
Think I screamed the first time I drove it on high boost setting 8-[

Was on one of the FB groups I seen it, wasn't even looking for a new car \:D/
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Gullzter wrote:

I'm keeping boost off and only when I see clear road do i switch it

HaHa, You value your licence do you ???? , or life :pale: , it's mad how easy it is to get to silly speeds, almost makes all the hard work and costs a waste of money :-$
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Martin F wrote:
Gullzter wrote:

I'm keeping boost off and only when I see clear road do i switch it

HaHa, You value your licence do you ???? , or life :pale: , it's mad how easy it is to get to silly speeds, almost makes all the hard work and costs a waste of money :-$

No comment to the above, but more so my action is in thought of other road users/pedestrians :?
Too right, I thought my white mr2 was fast which it was and beat a lot of cars or at least kept up with higher Hp cars, but this thing just flies by as if they aren't trying :-k
Dangerous

Post by Dangerous »

Ha remembered my old password !!!
Told you it was fast!!!
I can confirm it ran 11.3 on a rwyb day at Santa pod like gullz said however shortly after the block shat itself for the 2nd time and I officially became angry and broke ... So didn't post anything up...and lost the time slip.
The cars is a serious machine .... The only thing that came close in terms of speed on the road was a friends 2011 gsxr 1000
He's slightly pull on me upto 100 then I'd go past him.
Many great memories and story's will be sadly missed...
I was one of the original imoc members and forged some healthy relationships with rogue motorsport/Thor racing and various earlier members....

The car also won imoc mr2 car if jae in 2006
Aswell as a full 6 page feature in Japanese performance magazine.
I'm glad to see its still turning heads and destroying other cars on the road
I do miss the old girl (even it sitting in the garage) however times have changed... I have too young boys that are even more of a handful than the mr2 was lol!!!
Gullz is a good lad and I'm glad it went to him.. He's doing me proud.
Adios from a hot mallorca
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Dangerous wrote:Ha remembered my old password !!!
Told you it was fast!!!
I can confirm it ran 11.3 on a rwyb day at Santa pod like gullz said however shortly after the block shat itself for the 2nd time and I officially became angry and broke ... So didn't post anything up...and lost the time slip.
The cars is a serious machine .... The only thing that came close in terms of speed on the road was a friends 2011 gsxr 1000
Many great memories and story's will be sadly missed...
I was one of the original imoc members and forged some healthy relationships with rogue motorsport/Thor racing and various earlier members....

The car also won imoc mr2 car if jae in 2006
Aswell as a full 6 page feature in Japanese performance magazine.
I'm glad to see its still turning heads and destroying other cars on the road
I do miss the old girl (even it sitting in the garage) however times have changed... I have too young boys that are even more of a handful than the mr2 was lol!!!
Gullz is a good lad and I'm glad it went to him.. He's doing me proud.
Adios from a hot mallorca

what power were you running to get the 11.3 ?

He is certainly doing right by the car, may be a controversial thing to say but a set of wide arches would finish the car off lovely :wink:
Dangerous

Post by Dangerous »

Can't honestly remember (it was 6years ago) think it was 470@hubs however this was a 2bar of boost more ign advance and 100ron fuel and swung cams... the last mapping session turned into a last ditch attempt to try and ring some more power out of it before the mentioned rwyb day and after it had several reliability issues and poor dyno results.. I was aiming for 500atw however it wasn't meant to be... And with a limited budget depts getting high aswell as my complete total loss of faith in the car.
That's why I just left it all behind.
It happens when you spunked £30k into your dream and it only last for a few thousand miles.
If I'm not mistaken didn't you have your blue mr2 built by rogue shortly after mine?? And yours went bang aswell?? Might be totally wrong but sure I remember a Martin with a high powered blue/black one????
Any way just thought I'd chirp in.
Not really my thing nowadays so won't be commenting again ...( there's a lot of trolls on these types of forum...)
It will make more power there's no doubt by the looks of the recent dyno plots.x
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Dangerous wrote:Can't honestly remember (it was 6years ago) think it was 470@hubs however this was a 2bar of boost more ign advance and 100ron fuel and swung cams... the last mapping session turned into a last ditch attempt to try and ring some more power out of it before the mentioned rwyb day and after it had several reliability issues and poor dyno results.. I was aiming for 500atw however it wasn't meant to be... And with a limited budget depts getting high aswell as my complete total loss of faith in the car.
That's why I just left it all behind.
It happens when you spunked £30k into your dream and it only last for a few thousand miles.
If I'm not mistaken didn't you have your blue mr2 built by rogue shortly after mine?? And yours went bang aswell?? Might be totally wrong but sure I remember a Martin with a high powered blue/black one????
Any way just thought I'd chirp in.
Not really my thing nowadays so won't be commenting again ...( there's a lot of trolls on these types of forum...)
It will make more power there's no doubt by the looks of the recent dyno plots.x

Nah, It wasn't me....

Nice hearing that things are going well for you nowadays and you are enjoying the family life.

Pretty sure munir will be over the moon that you have made contact and posted some interesting data about the car :thumleft:

All the best dude :thumleft:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Thanks for chirping in Dave and glad you know it's in good hands :thumleft:

Dave has been great since the minute I made contact regarding the purchase onwards and still on going, any info or data I've required he has jumped to help which you don't find often so I can only say a massive thank you to such a great guy :D

Martin I did have thoughts of flared arches on this and even my last 2, but body wise I'm still stuck on what to do with it so will be staying as is until further notice :eye:

Couple of other bits coming up for the car then it will be storage time in a month or so :roll:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Dangerous wrote:The only thing that came close in terms of speed on the road was a friends 2011 gsxr 1000

Am I missing something :?

Suzuki GSX-R1000 1/4 mile time of 10.1 seconds at 141.7 mph
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Managed to swap some new parts over a couple of days ago with the help of a friend fortunately, my lower arms and anti roll bars freshly coated gold :lol:
Front anti roll bar is a TRD and rear is a Whiteline:

Started building the arms up with new ball joints and poly bushes:

And the front end built up with tein tension rods:

Definitely worth coating considering they used to look like this:

For the rear I'm waiting on a replacement set of crush tubes (thanks to Chris aka Thomp1983) to finish building the arms up and also just dropped a spare subframe (which I purchased from MartinF - thanks mate) off to the powdercoaters so just waiting on those in order to finish the suspension off, then I can finally get a full on geometry set up :mrgreen:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Ow my ow my ow my !!!! =P~
ashley

Post by ashley »

Nice! Not my first choice of colours, but it looks great 8)

You sure that's a whiteline ARB? I've only ever seen the adjustable ones, and they have three mounting holes on each side.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

ashley wrote:Nice! Not my first choice of colours, but it looks great 8)

You sure that's a whiteline ARB? I've only ever seen the adjustable ones, and they have three mounting holes on each side.

Cheers dude, I think with lower arms etc it was a hard one as everyone usually sticks to black/white but I wanted a bit more for my money plus it was really a test run for the colour of my wheel centres when they get painted :eye:
Yeah Defo a Whiteline, they also came as non adjustable too, think it was the dinosaur ones they originally made :thumleft:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Forgot I took a shot of the engine bay with its newly installed titanium turbo blanket :lol:

And here in its natural habitat :oops:

Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Holy hell, you've been busy! :shock:

Lovely car :)
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Magic Beans wrote:Holy hell, you've been busy! :shock:

Lovely car :)

Only a little :lol:
Unfortunately became really ill a couple of months ago so unfortunately everything got thrown off track and I haven't got as much done as I've liked :roll:

Thanks, previous owner deserves a lot of credit for the build, I've managed to spend over 300hours on it doing everything that needs done along with upgrading loads of bits though so I'm trying my best to do right by it :eye:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Got my subframe back from powder coaters and rear arms on finally :lol:

Decided to match the subframe to the blue in the engine bay, cusco braces, cam cover, canister etc!
New anti roll bar bushes purchased even though the old ones were probably fine:

Had a problem with the arms, the diameter of the metal sleeves on the inner rear bush were too small so bolt wouldn't fit through, sent to my fabricator and he did a splendid job so now got everything on the car :mrgreen:

Makes a difference from the old set up:

Unfortunately I'm in 2 minds due to have the green coilovers and tension rods so will maybe look into them over winter when the car comes off the road, for now I'm happy things are looking slightly better but makes me look at other parts like the hub and tie rods etc and want to do them too 8-[
Winter will be busy :eye:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Found another 6 page spread the other day :lol:

Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Had the 2 on the drag strip at the weekend, was my first time on one in fact!
Unfortunately it didn't go as I'd hoped :roll:

Before turning boost on I decided to get a few runs to get a feel for it, I recorded the runs on my new GoPro for fun but it came in handy to try and study a few things later in the day!

1st run I crunched into 2nd, (I guess the nerves got me) then got a bit of a loud misfire so decided to coast the rest of the way down the strip and check it over to make sure no boost leaks.

2nd run got into 2nd fine and as I was getting ready to change into 3rd it started misfiring and I panicked and crunched it again, then got a bit of misfire in 3rd then coasted again the last part.

3rd run again changed into 2nd fine but got heavy misfire this time which almost felt like fuel cut, changed into 3rd fine then got heavy misfire again, changed into 4th fine and got a tiny bit of misfire then it started pulling like it should have the full strip.

At this point I decided to call it a day as I didn't want to cause any damage if there's an underlying issue that needs sorted, inspected all the hoses again which were fine, checked the plugs which were also fine and the oil and coolant levels were fine.
I was tempted to go down one more time and take off lightly in first and quickly change into 2nd then pull hard the rest of the way but decided against it in the end.

On the way back home I decided to do a few pulls from 2nd and 3rd and it seemed to pull fine in boost off mode and high boost, so I'm kind of gutted but either it was just a coincidence or it's something to do with when I'm launching from 1st gear.
Next step is to get it checked over by Chris on the dyno, we will need to try and recreate the scenario on the dyno as my ecu doesn't have a data logger, note for future if I haven't changed ecu by then, get a laptop hooked up to record live data :roll:

Anyway, glad I got a feel for it and I've found an issue that is underlying or on its way since it has only happened in the 3 times I've launched from 1st gear.
Will try and use the dyno session as a chance to get my launch control hooked up along with flat shift if we can trace the wires quick enough :D

Here's a nice picture of the strip since I won't be sharing the videos :mrgreen:

Return to “Member Profiles”