Charge cooler question.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

philmr2

Charge cooler question.

Post by philmr2 »

I'm on the final parts now of finishing my charge cooler conversion on my rev2.

Has anyone else fitted this and if so how have you done the vac pipes, as I'm wondering to just block of the original vac pipe from engine to the bov and conect it from the charge cooler.

Thanks in advance

Phil :thumleft:
shinny

Re: Charge cooler question.

Post by shinny »

philmr2 wrote:I'm on the final parts now of finishing my charge cooler conversion on my rev2.

Has anyone else fitted this and if so how have you done the vac pipes, as I'm wondering to just block of the original vac pipe from engine to the bov and conect it from the charge cooler.

Thanks in advance

Phil :thumleft:

The vac pipe that activates the BOV must come from after the throttle body (ie. the plenum) and is unaffected by a charge cooler install.
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

Cheers shinny,
Have you done the conversion if so what did you do with the feed from the charge cooler.
shinny

Post by shinny »

philmr2 wrote:Cheers shinny,
Have you done the conversion if so what did you do with the feed from the charge cooler.

Yes, I have a charge cooled turbo car.

You've not mentioned which charge cooler you're using; I'm going to guess you're talking about the ST205 / Celcia core? In which case, is the "feed" you're asking about the barb that is facing the plenum, roughly next to the large outlet that goes directly into the trottle body? If so, that's for the aircon idle-up solenoid that would be located on the rear firewall of the engine bay, close to the resistor pack, coil etc. If you don't have aircon, just block the line.
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

Spot on yes I'm using st 205 charge cooler.
Brilliant I will block it up tonight and re route the vac lines back to standard. Thanks for your info :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”