[Mk2] [Turbo] No bov

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Adam86
Premium Member

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] No bov

Post by Adam86 »

Race Idiot wrote:I'm tempted to go without a bov but I cant think of a good way to block off the outlet on the 205cc

I used some silicone hose with the end of a broomstick shoved inside. Secured with some jubilee clips and it works perfectly.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Adam86 wrote:
Race Idiot wrote:I'm tempted to go without a bov but I cant think of a good way to block off the outlet on the 205cc

I used some silicone hose with the end of a broomstick shoved inside. Secured with some jubilee clips and it works perfectly.

you could also use a large bolt or even buy a blanking adapter from ebay, both will fit nicely inside a silicone hose, be a bit more professional than sticking a bit of broom handle in it, no offense intended :thumleft:
androo007

Post by androo007 »

I used a 2" section of broom handle professionally sawn I'll have you know :lol:
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

I've got a racer x fabrication block off plate, that im not using if anyone is interested :thumleft:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

androo007 wrote:I used a 2" section of broom handle professionally sawn I'll have you know :lol:

HaHa, I bought a mr2 before, got home to find somebody had used the ciggie lighter to block one hole and a spark plug to block something else, there are no boundaries when it comes to diy mechanics :lol:
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Try it with no bov for a few weeks then plum it back in and i bet you find it drives better with one fitted.................. :-# :lol:

Return to “Modifications”