Not the best weekend for this MR2...

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

as8133

Not the best weekend for this MR2...

Post by as8133 »

Just thought i'd share my experiences from the weekend. My car is a black MR2 Mk2 GTS Turbo, and i live in a quiet sleepy little town. However last week someone managed to run into the side of the car whilst it was parked doing around £2k worth of damage. They did leave their name and number so the insurance was sorted and it was to be fixed on the following monday. However, on the sunday just before two guys decided that it looked like a good car to take for a ride so they broke in, hotwired it and when the immobiliser didn't let them drive away they tried to bump start it down a nearby hill. This didn't work so they ripped out everything and left the car. So after a years peaceful driving the car is now in the garage for a good long time!! Sleepy little village, doesn't look that way to me!! :evil:
derryt

Re: Not the best weekend for this MR2...

Post by derryt »

Sorry to hear that mate, and the sad fact is your insurance will shoot up through absolutley no fault of your own, unless you got protected NCB?

Seriously bad luck tho mate.

:(
Don't think-feel; it is like a finger pointing to the moon, do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory........

my old car-http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2091260
as8133

Post by as8133 »

Afraid not, having said that i only have 2 years NCB as it is.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Good grief, bad luck that.

T
derryt

Post by derryt »

as8133 wrote:Afraid not, having said that i only have 2 years NCB as it is.

Oh dear, you'll have none then.

just don't let the insurers stiff you over on the claim
Don't think-feel; it is like a finger pointing to the moon, do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory........

my old car-http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2091260
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

would it be cheaper to pay for the repair yourself or pay the increase in premium ?

i would consider paying for it myself.. and keep recipts incase the police catch them, then you could sue them for the costs. :D
as8133

Post by as8133 »

Not sure, its the complete ignition barrel and underside of the dash, stereo and cd multichanger plus passenger door lock and handle. The real problem comes with the fact that both claims, the theft and the third party damage, coincide with damage to the passenger door. Guess i will have to see what the increase in premium is, also have £425 XS on the policy.
as8133

Post by as8133 »

Well, it >£1400 for the repairs plus replacement stereo just for the theft damage. Third party work was estimated at £2k but that would have been separate. Not quite sure why they haven't written it off?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”