Motordrive Kevlar seat, rails, 6-point TRS harness

Parts for the Mk2 MR2 only (excluding bodywork and wheels/tyres)

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Adam W

Motordrive Kevlar seat, rails, 6-point TRS harness

Post by Adam W »

Hi all, I used this seat and harness for a few trackdays and it was perfect, so much more secure and comfortable than trying to cling on to the steering wheel in the bends! This is good quality kit so I think the prices are fair, if I am miles out then explain why and we can haggle :)

Seat: Motordrive Kevlar composite, very strong and light weight. Good condition with no rips or tears, a few slightly grubby marks from general use but 9/10 for condition. Comes with side-mount aluminium rails and grade 8.8 cap screw fixings. £180, collection only (from Stevenage area) due to size.

Harness: TRW Ultralite 6 point harness in black. I bought it as new old stock, eg boxed, never used, but out of date for FIA purposes - only a problem for racing, still fine for trackdays etc and is in perfect condition as far as I can see. Comes with 6 x eye bolts, you will also need some spreader plates for the bulkhead and floor. RRP £230 (!) from Demon Tweeks, my price £80 posted.

DT link: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorspor ... nt-harness

ashley

Re: Motordrive Kevlar seat, rails, 6-point TRS harness

Post by ashley »

Awesome seats- I've two in carbon for my car- and a fantastic price, I'd be asking for more :thumleft:
Adam W

Post by Adam W »

Yep, that's a fair bit less than I paid for it but I'd like it gone, hence the bargain price. Maybe we could haggle upwards? ;)
Adam W

Post by Adam W »

Bump, still have these bits, someone must want to get ready for the trackday season?
tottacrolla

Post by tottacrolla »

Do you know when the seat was made ? i.e is it 'in date' ?
Adam W

Post by Adam W »

Long overdue bump, I still have this! The seat is not in date for FIA (racing) purposes, still fine for trackdays though and way more secure & comfortable than the standard seats.

The harness is every bit as good quality as the £££ Schroth harnesses fitted to my new car, so it's a real bargain IMHO.
Adam W

Post by Adam W »

Another bump for the seat. It's a great bit of kit, someone is going to get a bargain here :)
MilesH

Post by MilesH »

Hi, I would be interested in the seat if you would be ok for me to organise a courier? All you would need to do is put it in some wrapping?

Thanks

Return to “Mk2”