Fuel tank pump

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Retribution

Fuel tank pump

Post by Retribution »

Mine has had it on my Rev 2, can I use this 1 from a Nissan skyline, someone I bought it from used it in the mr2 long ago
But just want to confirm before I have to buy a new 1

If you follow this old post you will see from pics etc

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Thanks
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: Fuel tank pump

Post by Martin F »

Just buy a walbro, cheap as chips and it's new :mrgreen:
Mike N

Post by Mike N »

I agree with Martin, just buy new then you are not buying problems
Retribution

Post by Retribution »

I think the old pump was causing my car's rpm to stall when I took my foot off accelerator only way to stop it was foot on the gas, got a walbro coming
I have missed my turbos after driving a 4x4 for last 3 yrs :pale:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Retribution wrote:I think the old pump was causing my car's rpm to stall when I took my foot off accelerator only way to stop it was foot on the gas, got a walbro coming

I don't think that's a fuel pump issue :-k
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

Martin F wrote:
Retribution wrote:I think the old pump was causing my car's rpm to stall when I took my foot off accelerator only way to stop it was foot on the gas, got a walbro coming

I don't think that's a fuel pump issue :-k

Yep me neither.

Do you have a BOV?
or look at the idle speed control valve and TPS.

:thumleft:
Retribution

Post by Retribution »

Ann I was hoping

:pale:

There was a blitz Bov but took it off yesterday

Also I did change the exhaust manifold and swapped the afm filter box for an apexi cone
Car drove fine but when I started it a few days after modding it the car would stall (rpm) on start up and when I was driving and took my foot from peddle to slow down, rpm dropped quickly unless I pressed the accelerator before stalling

It's a shame as its a Rev 2 and only 63,000 km on the car

I forgot to say I got some carb cleaner for the throttle body as well, as when I drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump and clean tank out, I'm changing the fuel filter and putting new spark plugs in, car is just too good to let it go [-( [-(
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

I can see what mileage has to do with your problem.

You've said it yourself, the problems start after you started modding it. I'm pretty sure the AFM is the issue. Put the standard parts back on then see.
Retribution

Post by Retribution »

Odin_S wrote:I can see what mileage has to do with your problem.

You've said it yourself, the problems start after you started modding it. I'm pretty sure the AFM is the issue. Put the standard parts back on then see.

The mileage was mentioned because the car has plenty of life left in it and worth the work

I modded it around 4 yrs ago and the car has not moved since as I went onto 4x4's and done all kinds with them

Now I have the passion back with my tubbys it is hard to remember everything, Plus I have moved house since then, got married and had a son
Anyway

I have put the Oem Bov back on but can't find the pipe that goes to the afm from Bov, so will have to garage search for it or buy another, but on top of this I have parts coming from state side, Japan and picking up a body kit, Monday
But all of this is background as 1st I have to fit a new fuel pump which I'm picking up Monday and fitting Tuesday, but I like to plan ahead
So way I'm thinking is trying the following
Bov 1st
Afm
Exhaust manifold

I have also found a loose wire from my engine bay I need to trace and find out what it is and chances are will have to take pics and ask to identify
Retribution

Post by Retribution »

I found the oem recirc pipe \:D/

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”