New tyres

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rev3gtturbo

Re: New tyres

Post by rev3gtturbo »

markstevieandmads wrote:I've actually got nexens all round on my original OEM alloys....maybe I should swap them on for the track?

You be way better off getting something new on your 16s than running nexens on oem 15s unless you want to be very slow on the track (as they are very slow on the road even compared with something like t1r, and others say there are much better tyres than t1r, but not on a budget).

Not much choice for rear tyres in 15s, so keeping with the 16s is probably a better option in the long term.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Since it appears you're looking for rubber just for a track day why worry about which tyre goes faster? It's not a race so to an extent the worse the grip the more the fun and the easier it comes. That said I'd want the car to be balanced front to rear to learn it properly so personally I'd get the Toyo's and pay for the fitting…. or just use the oem wheels with their matching rubber.

Have fun whatever you go with!

R
Ginjaninja92

Post by Ginjaninja92 »

+1 for Uniroyal Rainsport 3's

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”