Rusty door change

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

richstany

Rusty door change

Post by richstany »

My drivers side door has always had a bit of rust on the bottom since I bought it and slowly it's getting worse. I regularly have a look for a replacement in the right colour but being sonic shadow they never seem to come up.
Has anyone had a different coloured door painted? I'm just wondering about price?
Actually swapping the door over shouldn't be a problem.
stecad

Re: Rusty door change

Post by stecad »

I'm in the same boat. I have the door and will swap it over next week. Doesn't look difficult - just a slog.
Typical cost per panel is £70.
My MR2 is red (pink) and my replacement door is white. I bid on a few red doors on ebay but they all went for stupid money and were no better than my current one.
I'm planning a full re-spray so a white door just tipped me over the edge.
Dame

Post by Dame »

I had rust at the bottom of my driver's door but got the body shop to weld in a patch when I got it resprayed. You can't tell it has ever been repaired. Can't remember the exact cost of the welding but it wasn't very expensive, especially if it's part f a bigger job.
richstany

Post by richstany »

Thanks for the info
I might find out if it can be repaired first then, it won't hurt to get the sills looked at at the same time I think

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”