FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Gullzter

Re: FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Post by Gullzter »

2mad wrote:Ha ha yeah had a nightmare on selling day , a vac line split n all hell broke loose ... Ali said na bother its worth way more anyhow so did the refurb, someones going to get a sweet car .... and ... banzi feature thats awesome dude what a cracking car ... and lol ill definatly shoot you a pm when im looking for a swift .... you are the master bud :thumleft:

Take care ...

Kev :thumleft:

That sucks dude, mines sold the minute the guy turned up which I was happy about :lol:
What did you put it up for price wise if you don't mind me asking?

I'm happy to help if I can, it's just about keeping your eyes and ears peeled tbh :thumleft:
I know it defo has great history, the build spec, the magazine shoot and the previous owner who owned it for 15 years and done a fantastic job :eye:
mister two

Post by mister two »

You really love your mr2's lol how many is that you've got/had?

And where are all these red ones from the west end lurking?? I see one red one now and again but never seen either of these. Mine is now back on the road and the fun will begin soon

My beamer should sell today and il be using the mr2 daily for a couple of weeks until my new now arrives

Give me a shout if you have another mini meet, be good to get some ideas
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

mister two wrote:You really love your mr2's lol how many is that you've got/had?

And where are all these red ones from the west end lurking?? I see one red one now and again but never seen either of these. Mine is now back on the road and the fun will begin soon

My beamer should sell today and il be using the mr2 daily for a couple of weeks until my new now arrives

Give me a shout if you have another mini meet, be good to get some ideas

Haha I can't find anything as exciting for the same sort of price range these things are in yet!
Only got the White one and red one now but I think I must be into double figures of mr2 ownership by now :sick:

You won't have seen my red one out yet as it won't be road ready til end of May, there's a lad Callum who has a rev5 na in west end. I've actually moved to south side now and I work in London 5days a week so I'm hardly ever about and rarely west end.
What you replacing the beemer with? :eye:
mister two

Post by mister two »

Sorry I meant the 2 red ones parked beside your white one. I work in the west and and live in the south so surprised iv not seen his

Got a spanking new lexus rc coming- can't wait! Just the hybrid sadly but it's my daily so no real complaints
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

mister two wrote:Sorry I meant the 2 red ones parked beside your white one. I work in the west and and live in the south so surprised iv not seen his

Got a spanking new lexus rc coming- can't wait! Just the hybrid sadly but it's my daily so no real complaints

Ah right, one of them is Callum's, the other is Chad's rev2 turbo but he stays near Falkirk :eye:
And I keep mines in my unit in EK and I'm only about on Fridays and Saturdays, even at that it only gets used a couple of miles or so #-o

Nice one, the RC is a stunning car hybrid or not :lol:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Gullzter wrote:
2mad wrote:Ha ha yeah had a nightmare on selling day , a vac line split n all hell broke loose ... Ali said na bother its worth way more anyhow so did the refurb, someones going to get a sweet car .... and ... banzi feature thats awesome dude what a cracking car ... and lol ill definatly shoot you a pm when im looking for a swift .... you are the master bud :thumleft:

Take care ...

Kev :thumleft:

What did you put it up for price wise if you don't mind me asking?

I was asking £2750 with mini service and fresh mot (3.5k ish in resent maindealer work cared out ) ... needed a mop and some tidying up (20year old car after all ... now its had Ali and a team of experts restore it to its best and back to stock ... no idea what it will sell for now 8-[ im guessing quite a bit now 8) ....

Kind regards, Kev. :thumleft:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

I'd say that is really undervalued, I sold mines needing about £500-£1000 worth of work needing done for £2.8k I think, and in Scotland they usually go for a little less, I'd price yours closer to £4.5k and see what interest you get :thumleft:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Gullzter wrote:I'd say that is really undervalued, I sold mines needing about £500-£1000 worth of work needing done for £2.8k I think, and in Scotland they usually go for a little less, I'd price yours closer to £4.5k and see what interest you get :thumleft:

I think your right , its had a grand through'n at it and is looking mighty pretty ... he spent £250 refurbing the wheels :shock: ... its gone from a buget project to a pristine collectors car .... not what id of done i was looking for a nice set of jap wheel whore rims for 2 years n non came up so mabe hes on the right track ... quite a bit has been repainted now plus mopping, plus other fettling .... i think your estimate is bang on only time will tell :thumleft:

What are your plans for the banzai beast :D

Kev.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Just want to get it on the road for dry weather so I've got all the fluids to do next weekend, following week will be mot, hopefully have it booked in for mapping end of May/start of June.

If I get time to work on it between mot and mapping I'll get my polybushed lower arms and anti roll bars fitted and sent in for a geometry session :lol:

Over the winter I have bigger plans if I can put some funds aside 8-[
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Gullzter wrote:Just want to get it on the road for dry weather so I've got all the fluids to do next weekend, following week will be mot, hopefully have it booked in for mapping end of May/start of June.

If I get time to work on it between mot and mapping I'll get my polybushed lower arms and anti roll bars fitted and sent in for a geometry session :lol:

Over the winter I have bigger plans if I can put some funds aside 8-[

Im in and looking forward to updates :thumleft:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Time to do the fluids which haven't been done in 6years, albeit has only done 1 or 2 miles, started off by cleaning my unit out then began with an oil change.
Decided to go with Millers Nanodrive 10w60 racing oil, Toyota OE filter and obviously the sump washer replaced.

Jack the car up and removed all wheels as I'll also be cleaning bits as I go along

Got a good look under the car while at it so thought it would be rude not to take pics of the Nur Spec, screamer pipe and huge 50mm wastegate, pics don't really show how big it is as I had to zoom right in :sick:

Unfortunately when I went to fill up with new oil the filler cap wouldn't come off as the inlet manifold to charge cooler core pipe was protruding slightly so had to remove it..

Now as I was looking to remove the bits, OCD kicked in and I decided to clean bits as I went along

And this is orgasmic!!

So what started off as an oil change turned into a 10hour clean up but was worth it, will have to make a committed attempt next time though as this was just spur of the moment stuff, ended up polishing half the engine bay:

ashley

Post by ashley »

Very nice...now stop polishing and get it on a dyno- I have literally been waiting years to see what this thing will do!

O:)
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

^ What he said :evil:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Needs mapped first Ash :mrgreen:

It's booked in for 27th May, still need to do coolant and brake fluid this weekend then MOT in next couple of weeks to see what else it needs before mapping :lol:

Not really aiming for anything crazy, still needs a few bits over winter like bigger rear/side feed inlet mani and TB, external oil cooler, COP, bigger pre rad, bigger injectors, more advanced ECU etc and so on so still a long way off reaching crazy numbers :eye:
ashley

Post by ashley »

:thumleft:
synXero

Post by synXero »

Can't wait to chase you around in this in summer fella :D
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

synXero wrote:Can't wait to chase you around in this in summer fella :D

Think I'll be the one doing the chasing :eye:
Not sure if it will be out much in this as I'm bricking it a little, my white one is just about right for keeping you hanging on :lol:
I've got another project planned as a summer toy though but still doing my research as its not a simple build 8-[
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Gullzter wrote:
I've got another project planned as a summer toy though but still doing my research as its not a simple build 8-[

Ooooooooo intriguing .. Do tell kind sir :D
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

2mad wrote:
Gullzter wrote:

Ooooooooo intriguing .. Do tell kind sir :D

If I go ahead with it I will tell, it's a little different though :lol:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Did a lot more cleaning today, in around edges especially where no one has ever cleaned.
Before and after pics:

And this before and after speaks a million words!

Return to “Member Profiles”