Seat runners/rails

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

richstany

Seat runners/rails

Post by richstany »

I'm been looking to change the seats in my car and am wondering about what the best solution is for seat mountings. I'm not too worried about anything too flash just a comfortable pair of bucket seats, I've seen branded and unbranded ones that I like the look of.

I don't really want to hack up my old seat rails as I'd like to keep them complete although any mountings I've seen to buy complete seem as much as the seats themselves? Can anyone recommend me something?
thomp1983

Re: Seat runners/rails

Post by thomp1983 »

Either paying alot for mr2 specific rails or cutting up stock rails are your only options the only exception is using gen 7 celica seats which can have there rails simply adapted to fit
Bern

Re: Seat runners/rails

Post by Bern »

It all depends on the seat you want. Corbeau has sw20 rails, as does Bride (which also fit certain recaro seats) and also there are Wedge brackets out of the US for various seats. Also depends if u want fixed back or reclineable seats (side mount or bottom mount rails).

Suggest looking at how much head room you have and need, and if u wear a helmet/track the car.

If you track, don't muck about with no name China knock off seats. Safety first and all that.

Edit: can also reupholster the oem seats...

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”