[Mk2] [Turbo] Advise on rear subframe please!

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mattgMR2

[Mk2] [Turbo] Advise on rear subframe please!

Post by mattgMR2 »

Hi guys, I've recently purchased my first MR2 after many years of looking but never getting round to actually buying one.. :clap: anyway...

So I've picked myself up and Rev 3 turbo at a decent price as a project car. Today I've took it to my old mans and lifted it up on the ramp to have a look under her skirt.

As i expected for a car of this ages theres quite alot of surface rust on the suspension, but nothing the wirebrush and hammerite can't sort out :lol: well, thats until we noticed that the anti roll bar was no longer attached to the rear subframe!! it appears that the part of the subframe where the roll bar brackets attached to has corroded and snapped! dohh.

So my questions are, does anyone know where i can purchase a new/decent condition subframe from?, (I've contacted a few people who's breaking MR's on ebay).

My old man says he could weld a new section to the subframe, meaning i'd only need the brackets that hold the roll bar bushes onto the frame, but does anyone know where i can purchase these brackets? And would welding a new section on do the job? I'm not sure how much strain these parts are under.

Also we've noticed the oil sump has a hole in and is slowly leaking oil! Anyone have any ideas the best place to get a second hand one as there nearly £200 for a new one.

Many thanks
MattG
Chumbaside

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Advise on rear subframe please!

Post by Chumbaside »

PM sent :thumleft:
gnzyza

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Advise on rear subframe please!

Post by gnzyza »

http://www.mr2-ben.co.uk/products/view/ ... -1989-1999

Not sure if that's what your after?

Return to “Mechanical”