Red Rev 3 tintop turbo. 4 years on and still tinkering. Been on the rollers.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

C35Rob

Re: Red Rev 3 tintop turbo. 4 years on and still tinkering. Been on the rollers.

Post by C35Rob »

ive tried the whole low and high setting thing before and always end up permanently on the high setting, just use my right foot to control speed, nothing more depressing than being on low boost when you pull onto an open stretch of road, or need to overtake etc, then end up fumbling with a boost controller. Maybe if I had a 500bhp car I'd use a low boost setting for wet weather or something but the concept of making my current cars slower doesnt excite me
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
2mad

Re: Red Rev 3 tintop turbo. 4 years on and still tinkering. Been on the rollers.

Post by 2mad »

Rob - East Coast Imports wrote:ive tried the whole low and high setting thing before and always end up permanently on the high setting

Haha me too .. not in the wet though ... till i failed to take my own advice and stacked it in the wet :cry:
Nails

Post by Nails »

I think the high and low settings are ok for a hot and cold setting and then use your foot as a controller the rest of the time. Can always switch it off if you wanted in really bad conditions but like most I'd imagine its a fun car so wouldn't be out in the bad weather.

Fitted the bov and new o2 sensor tonight and went out for a bit. Being older and a family man I rarely get out like that when the road are quiet but had good fun. Forgot how quickly these can drink the go go juice when pressing on. Its definitely a lot better now with those fitted.

I'd also suggest anyone with a similar design bov to have a look at it. Now mines freely moving you can see down the trumpet when the engines idling and using just a little throttle that the piston moves up and down.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Been to evotune this morning incase they could squeeze me in today. No joy but booked in for tuesday instead. Hoping for slightly cooler temps than today when I was over. Was 25 at 10am. The sensor meant for my intake pipes that's currently floating in my engine bay IAT sensor said my bay was 48.
I've also had a really easy simple idea to fit the IAT. Just need a bit of alloy welding doing.
Last edited by Nails on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Fitted my new mast to the aerial but no pictures.

Been back to evotune today. EBC set up running just over 1 bar. 1.05 to be precise. Fueling was lots better after new o2 also. Jamie reckoned it would be over 300 out on the road and not heaksoaked in a tin shed on a hot stuffy day. The radtec is definitely helping though.

I'm very happy with how it drives. Boost comes in strong and pulls hard right through the gears.

2mad

Post by 2mad »

That very nice for the boost your running .. gota be happy with that :thumleft:
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

Excellent stuff, good power for the boost too, Jamie is a really nice guy too - it's handy to have someone like him quite local.
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Nails

Post by Nails »

Currently in the midst of a suspension refresh mostly. Did some last night over at outruns with his help and hopefully will finish it off tomorrow.

New ball joints, track rod ends, drop links front and rear. Fitted the new steering gators what I've had for a while too. Handbrake cables will also be renewed as the driver one is stretched.

Only got the front ball joints and track rod ends fitted so far and suprised at the difference its made considering the ones removed weren't in that bad condition.

Only pic I've got. Was too busy lol.

Nails

Post by Nails »

Currently in the midst of a suspension refresh mostly. Did some last night over at outruns with his help and hopefully will finish it off tomorrow.

New ball joints, track rod ends, drop links front and rear. Fitted the new steering gators what I've had for a while too. Handbrake cables will also be renewed as the driver one is stretched.

Only got the front ball joints and track rod ends fitted so far and suprised at the difference its made considering the ones removed weren't in that bad condition.

Only pic I've got. Was too busy lol.

Nails

Post by Nails »

Finished off this today at outruns. New drop links all round. New ball joints all round. New front track road ends. New handbrake cables. Made quite a difference and well worth the crap in your eyes and a black nail as always :lol:
Nails

Post by Nails »

Not much of an update, still need to get a decent geo done after the above suspension refresh but spent some time giving it a lick and polish and its winter coat on. Also whipped the front and rear lights out and gave them a good seeing to with some G3 and the rotary.

Really need to stop taking pictures with a camera phone and use something decent. Always comes out a lot duller with a lot less shine by the time I get them on the PC.

androo007

Post by androo007 »

That looks superb!!!
Nails

Post by Nails »

Just to say its now for sale on here. Heres hoping its a sale I don't regret but I do know theres nothing in my budget that ticks so many boxes that this one does :(
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

Having seen this in real life i can bouch that it really is a very very good clean example

Bodywork and paint are superb :)
Nails

Post by Nails »

cheers mate, looks like its sold already. I haven't dared tell my son as there was hell on when I mentioned I was putting it up for sale. :lol:
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Nails wrote:cheers mate, looks like its sold already. I haven't dared tell my son as there was hell on when I mentioned I was putting it up for sale. :lol:

Here's hoping its not another nice example heading to lands far away never to return.

Still, better than falling into the hands of some car vulture who only wants to rip it apart for the monies...
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

aussieGT wrote:
Nails wrote:cheers mate, looks like its sold already. I haven't dared tell my son as there was hell on when I mentioned I was putting it up for sale. :lol:

Here's hoping its not another nice example heading to lands far away never to return.

Still, better than falling into the hands of some car vulture who only wants to rip it apart for the monies...

Agreed. Been following this thread for a while and it's a lovely example. Shame you're having to sell up. Hopefully it stays in the hands of an enthusiast.

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
craig

Post by craig »

Stunning car fella, shame to see you selling up. :(
Nails

Post by Nails »

It's went to its new home today. My son had a few tears over it. I think he sees it as our car to go and do boy stuff. Also he likes sitting in the front.

Got a decent wedge of cash now burning a hole in my pocket.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Nails wrote:It's went to its new home today. My son had a few tears over it. I think he sees it as our car to go and do boy stuff. Also he likes sitting in the front.

Got a decent wedge of cash now burning a hole in my pocket.

Buy another :thumleft:

Even if it's just a cheap one that needs tlc :lol:

Return to “Member Profiles”