Urgent, best place for rear calipers

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

pbmr2

Urgent, best place for rear calipers

Post by pbmr2 »

Morning all,

In desperate need of 2 rear brake calipers. Was trying to rebuild all my calipers this weekend but didn't bank on the internals of the rears being cross threaded and destroyed. :facepalm:

The car is my daily and on Friday am going on a 2 week trip round europe with it. Finding new decent rear calipers is now urgent.

Who can deliver a quality part, next day delivery? Who would you buy calipers from?

Seen that Eurocarparts do calipers, are they ok? Anyone else you'd recommend?
Online ordering would be useful to try to speed things up and get it sorted today.

Please help, in a state of mild panic atm.
ashley

Re: Urgent, best place for rear calipers

Post by ashley »

Big Red :thumleft:
MikeyB571

Post by MikeyB571 »

Yep Bigg red are quite reasonable, if yours are past it then I have many sets you can have.
pbmr2

Post by pbmr2 »

Thanks.

Just had an order from bigg red, took 3 weeks to get here as the first one never turned up. A little cautious to use them again. Might not have a choice at this rate.

Someone said Brakes International, they are out of stock for the calipers I need :(

Eurocarparts are also out of stock.

MikeyB571
Have you got any rev2+ rear calipers in full working order? Can you do speedy delivery? Need both rears.

My car is rev 4 UK.
ashley

Post by ashley »

I've got a working set of rears that are spare, pm me your details an I'll get them in the post tomorrow :thumleft:
pbmr2

Post by pbmr2 »

ashley wrote:I've got a working set of rears that are spare, pm me your details an I'll get them in the post tomorrow :thumleft:

I'll pm you in a sec, thanks! Are you able to do next day delivery? Happy to pay the premium to save time.
pbmr2

Post by pbmr2 »

OK TCB parts seem to have rebuilt ones in stock. Not too expensive either.
Will give them a call first thing in the morning, if I don't sort others out beforehand.

Checked out Mr2ben (stock but expensive), Mr2bitz didn't list the part but will call them in the morning if TCB are out of stock.
rev3gtturbo

Post by rev3gtturbo »

Some rebuilt rear callipers have problems with the handbrake mechanism.
Pot luck if you get ones that work for long.

I have had one that didnt work at the time of fitting so got replaced by a working one under warranty.
I have had a pair that needed adjusting many times a year (even after one of them eventually developed an identifiable fault and got replaced under warranty).
Even though those passed an mot I got fed up with them, had them taken off (kept as spares) and replaced with brand new ones from Toyota.

Hopefully I will never need rear callipers again.
ashley

Post by ashley »

I've dug mine out- they were from Big Red a while back, probably only covered 500 miles since refurb. They could do with a clean up, but are 100% functional...will wrap them up this evening :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”