[Mk2] [Turbo] Bushes

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2nut123

[Mk2] [Turbo] Bushes

Post by mr2nut123 »

So I think I might have to replace all the bushes on my car, and was wondering if you can still get the oem toyota ones? If so, does anyone have the part numbers for them or a full kit number?
mr2garageswindon

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Bushes

Post by mr2garageswindon »

That's a lot of bushes to replace! I would imagine it would be cheaper to buy a full polybush set than Toyota bushes.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

mr2garageswindon wrote:That's a lot of bushes to replace! I would imagine it would be cheaper to buy a full polybush set than Toyota bushes.

What are the pros and cons of the polybushes apart from being cheaper? I'm not really a track guy so road comfort is preferable if they are quite harsh.
mr2garageswindon

Uprated bushes won't ruin the cars ride (thats what coilovers are for :-# )
There are a few different sets available Some super hard and some softer. I'd go for a softer set as you say you prefer comfort.
Naturally if all the bushes are badly worn there will be a marked difference when fitting replacements either OEM or aftermarket. A full geo alignment will be needed after they are replaced.
IF the bushes are still available from Toyota I'd be inclined to sit down while making the phone call...
craig

Post by craig »

As above mate, go for a full prothane bush kit. You'll never look back. :D

They're a sod to replace though. :mad:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Cheers guys. I guess as it's a rev5 it's unlikely that the bushes will be gone. I'll just have a good look over all the suspension components this weekend
mr2garageswindon

I'd be very surprised if all of the bushes have gone. They do tend to last well when you consider the ages these cars are now unlike nasty Renaults, Peugeot, Fiat, Vauxhall, Ford..... etc etc.
Give it a check over and shout back what you find.

Return to “Mechanical”