[FINALIZED] BBS LM Forged Split Rims!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2nut123

BBS LM Forged Split Rims!

Post by mr2nut123 »

After much thought, I have decided to let go these much sought after, and RARE rims. They don't really do much for me personally in the looks department but I know that I'm part of a minority, and I have already been flamed by IMOCers for looking at TE37 style rims to replace them :lol:

They're in excellent condition, with only a few minor kerb marks. Their stamps are as follows:

7.5JX17H2ET 38 - Fronts. 690kg.
8Jx17H2ET 35 - Rears. 690kg.

They ALSO have black BBS wheel nuts, along with BBS dust caps also which (upon some research) cost quite a bit too! :shock:

They are very hard to find these days with a staggered configuration for the MR2. They are perfect for the stock suspension and arches with no rubbing etc.

The current tyres are quite low, probably enough meat on them to come collect then drive back safely. Would be happy to put them on your car whilst you wait and load up your current wheels back into the boot and footwell if you don't have another form of transport.

£1200 ono. :thumleft:

Last edited by mr2nut123 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mr2nut123

Re: [FINALIZED] BBS LM Forged Split Rims!

Post by mr2nut123 »

SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Need to state a price as per the forum rules :thumleft:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Gazza_DJ wrote:Need to state a price as per the forum rules :thumleft:

Updated! Cheers Gazza :)
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

I'll be popping over to get photos over the weekend. I believe it's only one or two of the alloys that have small outer lip marks. As you'll know, can easily be removed and repolished.
shinny

Post by shinny »

And here was me thinking we were swapping once I'm back in the country... :oops:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

shinny wrote:And here was me thinking we were swapping once I'm back in the country... :oops:

Having thought about it, I don't want white rims on a white car so would have to spend a lot of money to refurb them on top. Also, LMs are worth a bit more so it just didn't work out in my favour. I meant to pop you a pm earlier but a call came in and I forgot.
shinny

Post by shinny »

mr2nut123 wrote:Having thought about it, I don't want white rims on a white car so would have to spend a lot of money to refurb them on top.

Fair enough, I can totally understand that. As I told you, I was watching those perfect MR2 fitment LMs drop to £550 just before Christmas and only left them alone because they were white and I didn't want another set of white wheels.

White wheels on a white car can look awesome (see Chris's TRD replica with its Rota Grids) but if it's not your thing then that's cool.

mr2nut123 wrote:Also, LMs are worth a bit more so it just didn't work out in my favour.

I did a pile of hunting on both TE37 and LM prices before we swapped PMs and I'm really not convinced that's true on the secondhand market, mate. I couldn't find a set of MR2 fitment TE37s that had sold recently to price match against, while there have been a couple of sets of perfect MR2 fitment LMs sold at prices that suggest I was offering you a more than fair deal. I guess you have some source of cheap, perfect MR2 fitment, genuine TE37s that I don't know about :wink:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

shinny wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:Having thought about it, I don't want white rims on a white car so would have to spend a lot of money to refurb them on top.

Fair enough, I can totally understand that. As I told you, I was watching those perfect MR2 fitment LMs drop to £550 just before Christmas and only left them alone because they were white and I didn't want another set of white wheels.

White wheels on a white car can look awesome (see Chris's TRD replica with its Rota Grids) but if it's not your thing then that's cool.

mr2nut123 wrote:Also, LMs are worth a bit more so it just didn't work out in my favour.

I did a pile of hunting on both TE37 and LM prices before we swapped PMs and I'm really not convinced that's true on the secondhand market, mate. I couldn't find a set of MR2 fitment TE37s that had sold recently to price match against, while there have been a couple of sets of perfect MR2 fitment LMs sold at prices that suggest I was offering you a more than fair deal. I guess you have some source of cheap, perfect MR2 fitment, genuine TE37s that I don't know about :wink:

Ok.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

They are nice. Do you have any pictures of the curbing up close? How bad is it? Have all four wheels been checked for any buckles? Are they holding air perfectly?
Rev5GT

Post by Rev5GT »

Absolutely gorgeous wheels and you're mad for selling them IMO :mrgreen:
Oh and cars not bad aswell :thumleft: :lol:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Rev5GT wrote:Absolutely gorgeous wheels and you're mad for selling them IMO :mrgreen:
Oh and cars not bad aswell :thumleft: :lol:

They're growing on me for sure. Cheers again for the motor, top notch as always!
laze

Post by laze »

What's that little rear spoiler you've got there? I like it.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

laze wrote:What's that little rear spoiler you've got there? I like it.

It's a genuine TOMs spoiler. Usually you have this as a small section that goes underneath the main big spoiler, but I much prefer it with just this section too.

Example:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/ ... MG1844.jpg
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was None

Return to “Mk2 Bodywork & Wheels ”