Loose stitching on a steering wheel

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CalMac

Loose stitching on a steering wheel

Post by CalMac »

Is there anybody on here who could re-stitch it? I think Rhon re-trimmed a gear knob for me ages ago but not sure if it's the same kind of work tbh.

It's a wheel I've found for sale and want to know roughly how much I'm looking at to have it sorted before going ahead :wink: The stitching has come loose between the 12 and 3 o'clock positions, and I definitely can't sew :lol:
Ginjaninja92

Re: Loose stitching on a steering wheel

Post by Ginjaninja92 »

Royal steering wheels can replace the leather and stitching to your choosing for £120 delivered. I cant vouch for his work yet but I'm hopefully getting him to do mine soon.
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

:( More than I'd hoped for, may as well buy a new wheel if that's the rate
acf8181

Post by acf8181 »

CalMac wrote:Is there anybody on here who could re-stitch it? I think Rhon re-trimmed a gear knob for me ages ago but not sure if it's the same kind of work tbh.

It's a wheel I've found for sale and want to know roughly how much I'm looking at to have it sorted before going ahead :wink: The stitching has come loose between the 12 and 3 o'clock positions, and I definitely can't sew :lol:

yep, she does....msg her! Keep meaning to send my wheel to her

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”