Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

androo007

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Sills in Manufacture for SW20

Post by androo007 »

I'm based in west Sussex chap
androo007

Post by androo007 »

must say, given that the cause of 99% of MR2's going to the scrapyard in the sky is rotting sills..... surprised noone has tried these!
soozjr

Post by soozjr »

Has anyone had any luck with fitting these?
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Funny enough was looking at these again today. Debating whether it's worth getting for he future or not.... waiting to see if other people do.

Shame he hasn't knocked up the inner box section too as that always seems to be gone too
Angpozzuto

Post by Angpozzuto »

I'm Halfway through doing my sills whith these. I have to say the profile is a very good Match to the existing sill the only mistake I made with these was that I cut the old sill a bit too high on the horizontal side but I managed to get it looking decent so its not really noticeable

Nic

Post by Nic »

Had an advisory on yesterdays MOT that the inner rear sills are starting to rot. The outer sills are solid at the moment but I if the inners are going then they won't stay that way for long.

Are there any bodyshop guys on here that could estimate the cost of getting these replacement sills welded in and resprayed?
Last edited by Nic on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Nic

Post by Nic »

Angpozzuto wrote:I'm Halfway through doing my sills whith these. I have to say the profile is a very good Match to the existing sill the only mistake I made with these was that I cut the old sill a bit too high on the horizontal side but I managed to get it looking decent so its not really noticeable

Have you completed fitting the new sills? Looking to order a set, did you have any problems with the fit?
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

There was a GB on complete sills on mr2oc.co.uk that received rave reviews :-k
Angpozzuto

Post by Angpozzuto »

Nic wrote:
Angpozzuto wrote:I'm Halfway through doing my sills whith these. I have to say the profile is a very good Match to the existing sill the only mistake I made with these was that I cut the old sill a bit too high on the horizontal side but I managed to get it looking decent so its not really noticeable

Have you completed fitting the new sills? Looking to order a set, did you have any problems with the fit?

I've finished all the cutting and welding they were a good fit my welds weren't pretty but they do the job I just need to finish filling and painting. I found the hardest part of fitting the sills was to get a good weld across the bottom of the sill as I couldn't get the car high enough to get underneath it comfortably with a welding mask on my head but it's done now I'm glad I got to do it myself but I'll leave it to the pros next time
androo007

Post by androo007 »

juliankv73 wrote:There was a GB on complete sills on mr2oc.co.uk that received rave reviews :-k

Based on this seller or another one Julian?
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

androo007 wrote:
juliankv73 wrote:There was a GB on complete sills on mr2oc.co.uk that received rave reviews :-k

Based on this seller or another one Julian?

Hi Andy

Here's the link..

http://mr2oc.co.uk/forums/topic/163564.html :thumleft:

Return to “Mechanical”