Carbon rev 5 spoiler blade

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

VGB

Carbon rev 5 spoiler blade

Post by VGB »

Can anyone recommend where I can get a quality rev 5 spoiler blade in carbon. I'm looking for the blade to be carbon all around and not with black plastic edges. Would quite like the end caps too but again quality items with the correct recesses so bolts can be used and not glued in place.
alan_uk

Re: Carbon rev 5 spoiler blade

Post by alan_uk »

got mine from carbenfiber creations

£280 delivered for blade and caps iirc the legs are my original genuine rev5 legs :thumleft:
VGB

Post by VGB »

Unfortunately I got them from there too but sent them back due to very disappointing quality. Black plastic edges full of air bubbles, warped carbon weave and the end caps would have needed drilling out flattening and coating to fit using the bolts.
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

i had a similar issue with my reverse panel and bonnet too there kinda hit n miss

have you tried epr
craig

Post by craig »

Hydrodip the standard one? :thumleft:
VGB

Post by VGB »

No but I'll give them a look. Cheers for point in right direction.
VGB

Post by VGB »

Is the hydrodipping realistic looking as want it to look good and last. I did consider wrapping it with the join underneath the spoiler.
craig

Post by craig »

VGB wrote:Is the hydrodipping realistic looking as want it to look good and last. I did consider wrapping it with the join underneath the spoiler.

I had my T bar glass panels hydrodipped and lacquered. Looks great:

:thumleft:
VGB

Post by VGB »

Agreed that looks excellent! Where abouts did you get it done and if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost?
craig

Post by craig »

VGB wrote:Agreed that looks excellent! Where abouts did you get it done and if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost?

Thanks mate. I got it done on the same estate as Sbits. Another unit that does hydro-dipping.

Prep, primer, hydrodipping, painting the rain gutters satin black, and lacquer of panels and rain gutters was £350 all in.

At least hydrodipping the factory blade, you know it's an oem part undertneath and will fit perfectly on refitting :thumleft:
VGB

Post by VGB »

Yes I do like the idea of keeping the oem spoiler for fit. Plus there's nothing wrong with it just fancy a bit of contrast.
craig

Post by craig »

VGB wrote:Yes I do like the idea of keeping the oem spoiler for fit. Plus there's nothing wrong with it just fancy a bit of contrast.

Agreed, and the carbon blade is only a fibreglass copy blade underneath with a mat of carbon fibre over the top. I'd go with hydro dip over a copy carbon blade pal.
VGB

Post by VGB »

Yes, will give it a look to see who does it down my way. Cheers for advice and great pics of your roof panels!
craig

Post by craig »

VGB wrote:Yes, will give it a look to see who does it down my way. Cheers for advice and great pics of your roof panels!

Not a problem mate. :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”