Mechanical Boost Gauge

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bobhatton

Re: Mechanical Boost Gauge

Post by bobhatton »

mr299ron wrote:
masterbateson wrote:
danjama wrote:And change your ecu temp sensor, as it's probably not been done since 1998.

re this above.

Is this the temp sensor on the engine bay hood/cover or something else? if so where is said beast?

In the mission to make mine run at its best, on my list of things to change are (ignition leads,coil pack,knock sensor) and now maybe one of these ecu temp sensors.
By coil pack i mean the doofrey that feeds the dizzy.
Dizzy and rotor plus plugs already been swapped.

This is the green ECU temp sensor and not dash sensor. I know where this is.

I have replaced plugs thus far, in terms of ignition. Looking to get a distributor cap and rotor arm soon. HT leads last once all is replaced.

But the thing is I don't think the car is underboosting because of all reasons mentioned above. I just think that the wastegate's spring is weak and allows air to pass through whilst the spring is supposed to be shut.

The two turbos I took off cars last week both had the wast gate open by an amount, not sure why but I am going to try and bent the arm to get some tension on the valve part to keep it shut.
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
2mad

Post by 2mad »

You could just shim the wastegate if its not under enough tension, major pain to do but all you need is a few shims (i call them washers :eye:)
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Did you buy an mbc bud :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”