Standard exhaust and Downpipe vs Aftermarket parts

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Odin_S

Re: Standard exhaust and Downpipe vs Aftermarket parts

Post by Odin_S »

I've had a Japspeed for ages, no problems.

I clean mine too
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

I can only echo what others have said, Japspeed stuff is really poor quality in both fit and materials, if it's not too late I'd cancel the order and buy a berk DP and a used HKS/Blitz etc exhaust.
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
chambers360

Post by chambers360 »

Just my opinion on the japspeed stuff, used to buy a few bits from there, you get what you pay for at the end of the day people dont buy japspeed because its good they buy it as it just about gets the job done on a budget,

I had an exhaust for an rev 3 n/a a few years ago wasnt an amazing fit but it did go on tails wernt even tho

A mate of mine bought an intercooler for his s14 took it to santa pod and the clips all snapped leaving a long drive home with a massive leak.

I have a full berk system on my rev 3 tub and its spot on
tsango

Post by tsango »

Draven wrote:

The japspeed i had.. was rusty.. :shock: yes stainless that rusts.

Wouldn't buy one again.

There are varying grades of stainless steel and the cheaper grades will rust but they can still call it stainless steel.
Nails

Post by Nails »

tsango wrote:
Draven wrote:

Wouldn't buy one again.

There are varying grades of stainless steel and the cheaper grades will rust but they can still call it stainless steel.

yeah it'll be 304. Same stuff powerflow and lots of other custom made exhaust makers use.
the japspeed I had on mine when I bought it fit ok and didnt rust but it was too loud once decatted.
mr299ron

Post by mr299ron »

Nails wrote:
tsango wrote:
Draven wrote:

Wouldn't buy one again.

yeah it'll be 304. Same stuff powerflow and lots of other custom made exhaust makers use.
the japspeed I had on mine when I bought it fit ok and didnt rust but it was too loud once decatted.

Lol I'm decatting mine. Should be fine... right? hahaha
mr299ron

Mechanical Boost Gauge

Post by mr299ron »

So I've just bought a mechanical boost gauge. I know where to install the gauge for the pressure, however I need to find a good power source for the backlight and how to do it.

Could I have some clear help from you guys?

Cheers
99ron
mr299ron

Re: Mechanical Boost Gauge

Post by mr299ron »

mr299ron wrote:So I've just bought a mechanical boost gauge. I know where to install the gauge for the pressure, however I need to find a good power source for the backlight and how to do it.

Could I have some clear help from you guys?

Cheers
99ron

Lol this was supposed to be for a new thread and I can't work out how to delete it..
masterbateson

Post by masterbateson »

Whats the top exhaust on your pic of the three together Red?

I have one of these sitting in the garage, and had same prob you were saying about the japspeed.
Tried to fit it a while back and gave up as to me it seemed to not clear the subframe and also near the flexi seemed far to close to oil sump.
Think mid mount was also in a moody position.

Thinking of trying to fit it again, and try making a few alterations with a persuasion device.
craig

Post by craig »

masterbateson wrote:Whats the top exhaust on your pic of the three together Red?

I have one of these sitting in the garage, and had same prob you were saying about the japspeed.
Tried to fit it a while back and gave up as to me it seemed to not clear the subframe and also near the flexi seemed far to close to oil sump.

Thinking of trying to fit it again, and try making a few alterations with a persuasion device.

Mongoose :thumleft:
masterbateson

Post by masterbateson »

Oooh I've got a mongoose!

Wonder why its so close to the subframe and sump? and whether i should worry about it fouling if i fit it.

Dont want to fit it and then have it rattling away whilst driving.

Anyone else had one of these and had to mod it so it had more clearance?
tsango

Post by tsango »

RedMR² wrote:
masterbateson wrote:Whats the top exhaust on your pic of the three together Red?

Mongoose :thumleft:

I have a Mongoose.....lovely exhaust

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”