Stoney Racing Silicone hoses

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Pauln

Stoney Racing Silicone hoses

Post by Pauln »

I've replaced most of the vacuum and intake hoses on my rev 2 turbo with blue silicone hoses from SFS.

I'd now like to replace the intake hose between the MAF and the turbo, but the snag is when I contacted SFS they told me they only offer the rev 3 hose and can't supply one for a rev 2.

Looking around I've found Stoney Racing on ebay listing this hose for the rev 2 in blue.

These look a quality product, but they are quite a bit cheaper than SFS, so was wondering if anyone can confirm that they are well made.

I doubt anyone can help with my second question, but it never hurts to ask. I'm just wondering how good a colour match the blue Stoney Hoses will be with the SFS ones. I know that I'm being really picky, but having forked out the dosh over the past year or so to replace all the other hoses, I wouldn't want to spoil things now.

Thanks
Paul
Donato

Re: Stoney Racing Silicone hoses

Post by Donato »

I had nothing but trouble with my radiator hoses i bought. Cheap rubbush. Didn't fit very well. It was too long, the internal diameter was bigger so didn't seal. Ended up buying genuine hoses!
Pauln

Re: Stoney Racing Silicone hoses

Post by Pauln »

Ok thanks for the heads up. Sounds like its best to give them a wide birth then.

Paul

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”