[Mk2] [Turbo] 56mm Core Radiator

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SLiNkY270306

[Mk2] [Turbo] 56mm Core Radiator

Post by SLiNkY270306 »

Hi folks

Well i'm back to owning a Turbo MR2 and i am in the process of doing some bits and pieces whilst show season is coming to a close.

I am in need of a new radiator as the other one is pretty much past it and despite the fact she runs as cool as she can for an MR2 and never overheats, i am nipping things in the bud now before things start to become a problem.

Question - I have seen a few different size core radiators for the MR2 SW20 40/42 and 56mm

If the 56mm will go straight in then fine i'll go for that but has anyone attempted to fit one before? Does it need any modificaitons to fit?? Otherwise i will go for the 42mm if thats a better option?

Thanks in Advance
Torero

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] 56mm Core Radiator

Post by Torero »

I fitted the 56mm straight into my rev 5 UK when I did the V6 swap and it's no trouble. A bit of 'jiggling' to get it in but didn't realise that it actually sits at an angle and I was trying to get it vertical. #-o numnuts!!!

If you can get the slimline fan shrouds as well, they weigh as much as the single fan you'll take out when refitting the rad.
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
SLiNkY270306

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] 56mm Core Radiator

Post by SLiNkY270306 »

Ok great thats good to know.

I have only managed to find 40mm and 42mm and whilst the 40mm are reasonably priced, the 42mm is a whopping £169.99!

Would a shroud such as, eBay item number: 231692079537 suffice or do you know where i can get one to fit a 56mm Core Rad?

I want max cooling despite the fact i am having a water/meth kit fitted next month courtesy of Devils Own.

Return to “Mechanical”