[FINALIZED] Red 1993 L reg Rev3 MR2 Turbo 84k miles

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ash Knight

Red 1993 L reg Rev3 MR2 Turbo 84k miles

Post by Ash Knight »

My beloved MR2 is now up for sale, as I really need a more practical car and don't have room for a second car.

I spent ages looking for a clean, fairly standard, low mileage example and I certainly found it. She was imported in 2005 on around 50,000km and is now showing 84,000 miles, which will rise as she is my daily.

Amongst the folder of service history and stacks of receipts, there is full documentation of the import and a tonne of documents in Japanese (which is helpful if you're bilingual...) The clocks have been converted to MPH and speed limiter taken off etc.

I bought the car in January on 79,000 miles from an older gentleman who had no idea what he had! So I got a great deal, but she needed some mechanical TLC to get her to my standard. In February she spent 3 weeks in the workshop getting the following done:

Cambelt & water pump
Drive belts
Fully under sealed
All the breather pipes and vacuum hoses cleaned out
Coolant change, oil service, new spark plugs, distributor cap & rotor arm
Brand new apexi induction kit fitted
Fujitsubo exhaust system with Berk decat pipe fitted (sounds awesome but isn't too loud)
Exedy stage 1 clutch
Black tinted side repeaters

As well as all this, she also comes with the following:

Nearly new Japan Racing JR3 17x8/9 ET35 staggered wheels (one small kurb mark on 3 of the wheels) with brand new Nexen tyres on the rear and 7mm Avon tyres on the front- Grips amazingly well, even in the wet,
Recently fitted new front drilled discs and EBC Redstuff pads
NGK ignition leads
Momo steering wheel
Cobra alarm system
Sony head unit
Autogauge turbo boost and oil pressure gauges on the A pillar
Apexi AVCR boost controller professionally set up by Luke @ Pacific works- two settings, one is 0.9bar/13psi for daily driving and the other is 1.1bar/17psi for Sunday runs 😉
White LED side lights, number plate and reverse light bulbs
Freshly cleaned and gold painted brake calipers
Super rare 'Man In Dandism' floor mats in great condition
All T-bar covers and sleeves present
Half leather/alcantara seats (drivers is worn with a small tear, passengers is imaculate!)
Carbon fibre gear knob with after market short shifter
Xenon Headlight bulbs
Refurbished wiper arms in Hammerite Smooth Black with aero wiper blades

She has MOT until December but had no advisories on previous MOT

She is always warmed up and cooled down as she should, and drives really smoothly even when cold! She runs a little rich due to the mods but doesn't burn any oil. She moves smoothly through the gears with no nasty crunches and pulls like a train! There are a few little rattles and vibrations here and there but nothing to worry about, and nothing that you wouldn't expect from a 21 year old car.

Only bad points are a small ding in the drivers front wing, slight paint peel on the front bumper lip and a very small dribble from the drivers side t-bar occurs when she's sat in heavy rain. The indicators also tend to self cancel at their leisure! But I'm told this is something to do with the steering wheel boss position; never bothered me. The bodywork is generally pretty clean for a car of this age, might just need a good flat and polish if I'm being picky, but she looks stunning as is, gets compliments and turns heads wherever she goes! Which we all love 😉

Will be looking for £3750, located in Surrey.

Viewings are welcome and encouraged, and if you arrive with cash and a serious intention to buy, a test drive will certainly be possible.

I've tried to be as honest as I can. I truly love this car and don't want to get rid, but I need something with more seats 😞

I'm sure I've missed a thing or two but there's a lot to this car!

Any questions, feel free to contact me anytime on 07827316901

Thanks for looking!
Ash

- Just sorting out photos on photobucket and will upload ASAP!
puku

Re: [FINALIZED] Red 1993 L reg Rev3 MR2 Turbo 84k miles

Post by puku »

Pm d you in facebook :D
Ash Knight

Post by Ash Knight »

Ash Knight

Post by Ash Knight »

Feedback Bot