hi new member

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

headrushuk

hi new member

Post by headrushuk »

hi new member from manchester was going to pick a car up on weekend now im put off hes lying about its an 10th anver model what else he lying about
wilki

Re: hi new member

Post by wilki »

Welcome,
He may of been lied to, or miss informed in the first place.
If it's not far away from yourself and a good price, it may still be worth having a look

If not, plenty on ebay/autotrader/pistonheads....not forgetting IMOC's "MR2's for sale" section. Some very nice ones on at the moment :D

But don't forget, any queries about a potential MR2, pop it on here. I'm sure we can help you out :thumleft:
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

thx dude yeah well its the one on autotrader for 6500 i cant link wont allow me its like a blueish silver colour but states its an 1995 10th anniversary edition when they only 1996 models also he has no little 10th plates like on steering wheel or ash tray or anything and i belive it now to be over priced
wilki

Post by wilki »

Is it this one:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... &logcode=p

If so I would have to agree and say it is not an anniversary edition. Though the steering wheel is not the momo wood wheel it could of been replaced with the aftermarket wheel. Must admit I'm not a fan of the anniversary wheel.
As you say though, no evidence of a badge on the engine lid, which I would of thought is kind of a must (I do believe there is suppose to be another numbered badge on the ashtray cover). Also no stainless steel kick/sill plates, can't see why you would replace them for ones without :-k
Plus the fact it's registered in the wrong year doesn't help it's case

Does look a nice one though
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

yeah thats the one going to see it do u think its worth what hes stating ?
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

headrushuk wrote:hes lying about its an 10th anver model

They never made any 10th Anniversary Turbos.

2mad

Post by 2mad »

Looks a very nice car *but* wow thats some premium for it .. probably a uk converted to rev3+ turbo ... up to you but id keep looking .. some rev3 jap bargains out there for 3 to 4 grand :thumleft:
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

legally MOT tested as a non-Cat car as built pre-May 2015

Oh, really? [-X
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

what u think guys yay or nay
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

Well it's either a UK car, with a Rev3 turbo conversion.
Or

A JDM Turbo, with UK bumpers.
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

ill think ill pass hes lying about stuff so i would like a genuine car
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

just won an mr2 Toyota MR2 Turbo GT T-bar 1995 in red high mileage is it worth 3k 113,321 miles
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

headrushuk wrote:just won an mr2 Toyota MR2 Turbo GT T-bar 1995 in red high mileage is it worth 3k 113,321 miles

With only the year and mileage as clues, no one can tell you what it's worth. Not that it matters since you've bought it.
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

Toyota MR2 Turbo GT T-bar 1995 £2995 ONO.

1995 N plate – rev.3 with factory fit LSD.

Registered 1st November 1995, Imported to the UK September 2004.

2000cc Petrol

113,321 miles

MOT until February 2016.

This is a good example of an original factory standard car without any detractive modifications. The car has been well looked after and is a pleasure to drive.

My Partner and I drove around Europe last summer covering a good 2000 mile journey and it did not miss a beat.

Reluctantly selling due to lack of use as working away and house renovation is taking over priorities.

Performance wise – for reference, our previous 2nd car was a Skyline R32 GTR V-spec with circa 400bhp and the MR2 is pretty similar in acceleration and performance – but being smaller and lighter is more agile, and a lot more economical to run.

This is a 20yr old car so please don’t expect something that has just come out of the production line or showroom. The car is used but has been well cared for. There are some areas with minor blemishes due to age and original unmolested paintwork, but this is reflected fairly in the advertised price.

Also included is an extensive list of receipts for service, maintenance and parts since the car was imported in 2004.

The current spec' includes the following;

• Original engine with well renowned Rev3 3S-GTE engine and gearbox (with limited slip diff)

• Factory standard – 245bhp with fantastic performance.

• Cam-belt change carried out approx. 20k ago.

Chassis dynamics - Corner weighting and suspension geometry all set-up by Demon Tweeks in 2014.

• EBC Disks & Ferrodo DS2500 Front and Rear Brake Pads

(Rears not fitted at present as current units fitted are in good serviceable order

• Goodrich Stainless Steel braided hoses fitted

• Full set of Toyo R1R tyres fitted.

• Full Leather / Alacantara interior.

• Electric windows and Retractable wing mirrors.

• Removable glass roof

(2 sections independently – storage cases intact that secure behind seats in correct location).

• Front and rear strut braces.

• Full set of locking wheel nuts.

• Original MR2 mats.

• Alpine CD/MP3.

• Factory Subwoofer in centre rear console.

• Thatcham 1 approved alarm and immobiliser fitted.

• Comes with 2 keys.

Recent New Items:

• New Battery - 4yr Warranty

• MOBIL 1 - 10W40 Super 2000 Semi Synth Engine Oil 5L

• Bosch Engine Oil Filter

• Full Wiper Blade set

• Goodrich Stainless Braided Hose Set (Full Car)

• Ferrodo DS2500 Brake Pads (Full Car)

• EBC Spotted Brake Discs (Full Car)

(Rear Pads, discs & braided hoses will come with car, not fitted at present as current units fitted are in good serviceable order).

• 2 x TOYO R1R Front Tyres 205/50 R15 86V R1R

• Alloy Radiator

• NGK spark plugs

• Blue Dot Race spec Brake Fluid

• Radiator Cap

• Toyota 4LIFE system coolant

Please contact me for more information. Vehicle available for viewing upon arrangement.

This is a genuine well-balanced classic car that is very fast, low maintenance and a sheer delight to drive which also provides for a fantastic investment.

I'd prefer cash on collection for winning bidder.

Thanks and happy bidding.
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

113k isn't really high mileage. If it's got paperwork and is generally in good condition then the price is about right, but you should of checked values and stuff before bidding walking away from an auction because you overpaid due to not doing your homework isn't really on.

But welcome to the club hopefully it's a decent car
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

Sounds about right price wise.

Few notes: all Rev3-5 turbos had LSD as standard.

Suspension can't have been cornerweighted if on standard struts.

As thomp says, hopefully it's a good car, because when you bought it, you entered into a legally binding contract to purchase it at an agreed price, not go and kick tyres.
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:Sounds about right price wise.

As thomp says, hopefully it's a good car, because when you bought it, you entered into a legally binding contract to purchase it at an agreed price, not go and kick tyres.

Sadly pete we both know that's not worth the tiny bit of internet space it's written on as do all the scroats who exploit it. if he walked away ebay can't forcibly make him pay for it or collect it and the legal costs involved in pursuing it make it unrealistic
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

thomp1983 wrote:
Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:Sounds about right price wise.

Sadly pete we both know that's not worth the tiny bit of internet space it's written on as do all the scroats who exploit it. if he walked away ebay can't forcibly make him pay for it or collect it and the legal costs involved in pursuing it make it unrealistic

Depends how much effort you put in to it. I helped a customer sue a winning ebay bidder on a £4.2K GT4. Won the auction, never turned up. He stuffed himself by saying in messages that he changed his mind after he'd bought it. Lots of abuse etc..

Sued him in SCC. Won, and guy ended up buying car. Judge was great. Said whole basis of ebay was trust, and he'd find against any non-paying winner providing he saw a contract (proof of winning auction).
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

to be completely honest i dident think id win it just whacked a bid down and ended up winning but if its not as described i can refuse purchase its my right to . for example if its smoking its ass off i wont be giving him any money does anyone wanna come along and see with me anyways ?
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

If it's significantly not as described then yes your entitled to walk away ive done it myself.

Tbh the description sounds quite honest and the owner sounds like an enthusiast so it should be ok, just don't expect it not to have any niggles most older cars do

Return to “Member Profiles”