Any views on Rogue's Radtec CC system?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Odin_S

Any views on Rogue's Radtec CC system?

Post by Odin_S »

I like how compact it is. Is says it's good for over 500bhp. Anyone with feedback?

http://www.roguesystems.co.uk/forms/Product.aspx?ID=398
gnzyza

Re: Any views on Rogue's Radtec CC system?

Post by gnzyza »

Good proven system as for performance think above 400bhp a custom one would be better suited.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

It depends on a lot of variables i guess, ie' engine size, turbo size etc but in my experiences they struggle around 1.5-1.6 bar on the GT30 range.
I will be getting rid of mine soon and going for a larger aftermarket cooler, just so i can safely squeeze a little more power out of the car... :mrgreen:
ashley

Post by ashley »

I'd echo that- if you're aiming over 400hp then go for a larger, less restrictive core :thumleft:
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

I don't want to go much more than 400bhp. It's main selling point for me is its location and the fact everything stays in the engine bay. I cannot emphasis enough how much i want this. Boot mounted cooler are not my bag.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Not trying to be a smart ass .. talk to rogue for the facts, figures and stats :thumleft: .. dont know of anyone on the forum with one 8-[

As a ps. i really like it :thumleft:
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

1k for a cc is alot, the pump supplied isnt that good either

better off with a custom kit.
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

I would phone rogue but I'm out of town atm :lol: Plus it's good to get first hand experience.

I saw on their thread on here some positive results but they were a few years ago
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Odin_S wrote: Plus it's good to get first h:and experience.

Totally mate completely agree .. just dont know of any :( ..... be a trail blazer :thumleft: .. love to know what iat's are like with this setup.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

rev3turbo wrote:1k for a cc is alot, the pump supplied isnt that good either

better off with a custom kit.

Agree too ... seen some good efforts on this site.
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

ive just built a custom CC that will easily flow 600bhp.. more like 1000 :twisted: for about £400

it did involve a trip to the USA and taking a large empty suitcase though :whistle:
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Ok so add the cost of the trip to the US.......exactly how much does your system cost?? :wink: :whistle:
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

mr2magic wrote:Ok so add the cost of the trip to the US.......exactly how much does your system cost?? :wink: :whistle:

free trip to disney :mrgreen:

if id have got it shipped over, add another £200 or so inc customs... so still way cheaper & better than what you can get over here
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

2mad wrote:
Odin_S wrote: Plus it's good to get first h:and experience.

Totally mate completely agree .. just dont know of any :( ..... be a trail blazer :thumleft: .. love to know what iat's are like with this setup.

This is pretty good, I'll be changing the water pump though
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Love to see what you get up to.
ashley

Post by ashley »

FWIW I have used the full Radtech (Rogue) system, albeit I had the core mounted in the boot. That's where my advice that if you want to go past 400hp go for a bigger/ less restrictive core comes from.

Plenty of radtech fitted MR2's out there, so no need to guess how they perform- the general results suggest they do well upto 400hp, and can support upto 500hp but act as a restriction, so IAT's start to rise as the turbo has to work harder.

That's the stories I've heard anyhow :thumleft:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

who would fit it?
yourself?

costs for labour for a CC system are quite high due to the little bits of custom work involved.
you can save alot of money doing it yourself and sourcing your own parts.
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

ashley wrote:FWIW I have used the full Radtech (Rogue) system, albeit I had the core mounted in the boot. That's where my advice that if you want to go past 400hp go for a bigger/ less restrictive core comes from.

Plenty of radtech fitted MR2's out there, so no need to guess how they perform- the general results suggest they do well upto 400hp, and can support upto 500hp but act as a restriction, so IAT's start to rise as the turbo has to work harder.

That's the stories I've heard anyhow :thumleft:

Thanks Ash, duly noted. Still in the planning stage.
I'm not interested in chasing big numbers, 400bhp with some headroom would be ideal. I find it hard to believe its just on par with a st205 cc system. Which struggles after 400bhp

I love the fact its in the SMIC location. Here is some feedback on it from this very site.
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39253

The thread shows a constant 40 degrees at 1.9bar on a gt35

One year ago i had 300approx fly. 400-possibly 430bhp is where i wanna stop.

I know power corrupts but my mind is stronger.... i think

:lol:
ashley

Post by ashley »

That illustrates the point perfectly...1.9bar on a GT35 should be putting down over 500hp- why didn't it? My guess (without the details) is that the core was restricting flow, hence why inlet temps were up at 40c and they probably had to back timing out, all reducing power...

I have heard of people running 500hp through those cores, but on a better set up who's to say they wouldn't have been making far more power, and with lower IATs?

That said- if you are happy with the design then go for it, you'll do 400hp and be happy...just don't be surprised when you have to dig back into your pocket for major changes when you decide for that bit more power out of your set up at a later date :thumleft:
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

We use are car for different things Ash, I think 400bhp is plenty for a sw20 on the road.
You all are crazy going for 500 odd, maybe i should hand my man card back in :lol:

I'll look at all options but i really respect Pacific Work, Rogue and SBits in their knowledge on SW20. Look at the Rev 6 lights of Rogue.

I believe it will be adequate for my goals, PWR, Frozen Boost are all still options

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”