[Mk2] [Turbo] Urgent help needed

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GTMatt

[Mk2] [Turbo] Urgent help needed

Post by GTMatt »

Car is meant to be going in for its final mapping session on Friday but true to these things testing our patience the car now won't idle, will turn on but to keep the engine running throttle input is required.
With ignition on it shows engine warning light, so with diagnostic terminals bridged it shows 5 flashes, the only thing the internet showed this as was O2 senser (either 5/21 code). I have a forged engine and standalone link g4 bigger turbo etc etc.
first question is, would a faulty O2 sensor or connection cause my issue?

Thanks in advance
Matt
GTMatt

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Urgent help needed

Post by GTMatt »

As a follow on the the problem the engine management light flashes 5 times regardless of whether the diagnostic terminals are bridged? Anyone know what this means?
Cheers
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

CEL? Link ECU? Your tuner should be able to tell you Link error codes. Or try the Link website. Or check the event log.
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

Yeh CEL. Tuner didn't know to hand the fault code so is looking into it. I have also posted on the link forum to get there input. I can check the error log as I have no laptop or usb harness.

Just taking the symptoms into consideration in your experience/ opinion can the fault be narrowed down? aka tps, map sensor etc etc?
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

GTMatt wrote:Yeh CEL. Tuner didn't know to hand the fault code so is looking into it. I have also posted on the link forum to get there input. I can check the error log as I have no laptop or usb harness.

Just taking the symptoms into consideration in your experience/ opinion can the fault be narrowed down? aka tps, map sensor etc etc?

With your only symptom being it won't idle, no one can diagnose the fault away from the car.
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

ok thanks peter, will await some news on error code meaning then.
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

Managed to get the car idling on its own without throttle input so I could look in the engine bay, and I noticed my Hks ssqv is blowing air at idle. Am I correct in thinking this could be the source of my problem? Aka a massive vacuum leak?
Cheers
Matt
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

GTMatt wrote:Managed to get the car idling on its own without throttle input so I could look in the engine bay, and I noticed my Hks ssqv is blowing air at idle. Am I correct in thinking this could be the source of my problem? Aka a massive vacuum leak?
Cheers
Matt

Assuming MAP based system, a leak from hot pipe to atmosphere will have no effect on idle whatsoever.
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

By the fact the car now idles and runs it doesn't seem to be an idling issue. But anyway, it's getting trailered to tuners tomorrow as I just cba to get involved with it, life's too short and busy to mess about when someone with all the experience and knowledge can do it a lot quicker.
Thanks for the input though peter. :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”