[Mk2] [Turbo] Wolf v4x ecu any good

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Skinner248

[Mk2] [Turbo] Wolf v4x ecu any good

Post by Skinner248 »

Hi im looking to go for a stand alone ecu i have seen a wolf v4x which doesnt need a new wiring harness are they any good has anybody used one?

Cheers Adam
bobhatton

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Wolf v4x ecu any good

Post by bobhatton »

Skinner248 wrote:Hi im looking to go for a stand alone ecu i have seen a wolf v4x which doesnt need a new wiring harness are they any good has anybody used one?

Cheers Adam

So this will plug into the stock Toyota harness and have a base map to start the car?
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

bobhatton wrote:
Skinner248 wrote:Hi im looking to go for a stand alone ecu i have seen a wolf v4x which doesnt need a new wiring harness are they any good has anybody used one?

Cheers Adam

So this will plug into the stock Toyota harness and have a base map to start the car?

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/pro ... iauld5h882

it would seem so.....
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Greddymr2 sells a nice plug n play if your rev1/2

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=185158
Skinner248

Post by Skinner248 »

Using rev 2 wiring and ecu what's everyones thoughts?
2mad

Post by 2mad »

See my post above :thumleft: .. greddy's ecu is plug n play ... and very good :thumleft:
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

The first question anyone should be asking is who are you going to go to for mapping/tuning?

An ECU is only ever as good as the person that tunes it. Who in your area is trusted? What systems do they favour? No point buying something you can't get mapped easily or relatively locally.

There's loads of ecu's available, you can get a megasquirt pnp for the rev2, a power fc, greddy emanage/ultimate, then onto the top of the range motorsport systems like motec etc, and countless more.

So, you need to select (and speak to) a mapper and a budget before diving in and buying something because someone on a forum - who probably a) has no mapping experience and b) has never used the system - reccomends something.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

I feel that was a dig at me :( .. obviously find out if your local mapper can map above ecu before purchasing .. power fc is quite a well known ecu, can be picked up cheap :thumleft: I only recommended the Adaptronic ecu because it ticks all the boxes .
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

2mad wrote:I feel that was a dig at me :( .. obviously find out if your local mapper can map above ecu before purchasing .. power fc is quite a well known ecu, can be picked up cheap :thumleft:

sorry mate, totally not intended to read that way! just lots of bad/uninformed advice floating about the internet from people who simply recommend what they own, want or have seen without thinking logically
2mad

Post by 2mad »

I'm sorry too , its just how i read it 8-[ .. i quite like Adaptronic but they dont make it for the rev3 + :( but your right no point having the best ecu in the world if your local mapper cant map it :thumleft:
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

When I asked my tuner if he will map Adaptronic, he told it's not a problem even he tuned maybe only 1 of these.

He told mapping basics are all the same, it's just different interface in different ECUs. So if tuner is not familiar with the ECU, it will just take more time for him to go through all the options.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Want one greddy .. rev3 plus please :thumleft:
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

2mad wrote:Want one greddy .. rev3 plus please :thumleft:

I guess I will have to push the manufacturer to make one :D
2mad

Post by 2mad »

GreddyMR2 wrote:
2mad wrote:Want one greddy .. rev3 plus please :thumleft:

I guess I will have to push the manufacturer to make one :D

:thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

I have been speaking to mike at tuning this week about this ECU, He speaks very highly of this wolf product. He's very friendly and if you speak to him over the phone he will likely offer you a deal on mapping and the ECU.

He's also done me a epic deal on a piston kit this week also. Did a price match and then beat it by £50 :)

Return to “Modifications”