[Mk2] [Turbo] pipe from clutch master cylinder to clutch slave cylinder needs repairing or new

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jmgsw20

[Mk2] [Turbo] pipe from clutch master cylinder to clutch slave cylinder needs repairing or new

Post by jmgsw20 »

help needed on this urgently .I am coming to the end of my build on my rev 3 ,3sgte mr2 . I recently removed the fuel tank to change fuel pump and i noticed the fitting on the end of the hydro pipe going from clutch master cylinder to slave cylinder has been sheared off. As far as I am aware the size of the pipe is 1/4 inch. It is proving quite difficult to locate this size pipe and fittings.

I have tried to re-flare the end of this pipe with a hand-held flaring tool but the end is too mashed to repair and i cannot shorten the pipe any more as the flexible line on slave cylinder will not be able to reach it.

What i would like to know is this:

IS there such a thing as 1/4 to 3/8 reducer i could use to screw into master cylinder and slave cylinder as 3/8 pipe and fittings are quite easy to get a hold of and i could get it made up very easily.

Can i purchase a new clutch line from Toyota ? or would this be a discontinued part ?

Your help on this would be greatly appreciated as work has come to a stop because of this problem

:( :( #-o

Return to “Mechanical”