[Mk3] [Generic] help with rubber seals round window of gspecial please

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JDCpr

[Mk3] [Generic] help with rubber seals round window of gspecial please

Post by JDCpr »

Hi there, I have a mk2 gspecial taga, and the rubbers leak like hell! I rang for a quote on new ones... and have just come down off the roof! Does anyone know of anywhere that sells cheaper rubbers for the car, or does anyone have - really good - ones to sell? I have just had the car rebuilt and sprayed... and the carpets are wet thru everytime it rains... any help really appreciated. please pm. thanks.. :(
wenguin

Re: [Mk3] [Generic] help with rubber seals round window of gspecial please

Post by wenguin »

hit or miss with used t bar seals i think. if you can't find any you could try the three pronged approach:

1) silicone lubricant onto the seals to soften them up a bit (probably the least effective)

2) eccentric tbar rod guides (get the ones that go into the tbar roof but also the ones that sit in the car itself) - probably about £20 in total, available from toyota

3) the cling film / black rubber silicone approach - i didn't have much success with this, but it rained over night on my application of it which probably didn't help
Mullen

Re: [Mk3] [Generic] help with rubber seals round window of gspecial please

Post by Mullen »

You might also try adjusting the door glass so it pulls in tighter against the seals.

Return to “Mechanical”