[Mk2] [Generic] Custom wheels

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GTMatt

[Mk2] [Generic] Custom wheels

Post by GTMatt »

Currently looking at wheel options to suite my custom wide arches I'm producing. I like the styling of te37sl/ te37-v and Desmond regamaster marquis promada. Are there any company's that produce custom width and offset wheels in these styles? I've looked at cosmis, work and image wheels and am not keen on any of there styles. All help appreciated :thumleft:
GTMatt

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Custom wheels

Post by GTMatt »

Also my desired sizes are 16" maybe 17". 8.5-9 wide fronts et0-10, 9.5-10 wide rears et0- -10 rears
craig

Post by craig »

C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

You'll be able to get genuine TE37 in those sizes, if your pockets are deep enough, the cheaper option would be rota grids which come in 17x9.5 et12 so could be made to work with spacers

theres always some pretty manly sized wheels available in Japan, ive just imported a set of AME shallen in 18x9 and 18x10 for myself for a very reasonable price considering their value, do you have a budget in mind?
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

How much did it cost to ship a set of wheels over? I've got a set of 17 inch rays splits that I was going to get refurbed and use as winter/road wheels. But i'd much prefer to have a nice set of 16's instead.

I dont much fancy buying a set of rotas, purely because they pretty much rip off other companies work as their own.
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

I've looked at Rotas grid drifts and v's and they're in the mixing pot as potentials but still not perfect solution, a) would require spacers b) dont come in 16's for even remotely the required widths and offsets

I've also looked into te37-v's and average costs for just wheels before import duty and tyres is £1600 ish. So looking at £2500 ish all in.

In short im looking at all options and costs before making a decision and the only remaining consideration is custom wheels from companies that I haven't found yet.
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

Or other wheels similar in styling and required sizes from other manufacturers
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

Rob - East Coast Imports wrote:You'll be able to get genuine TE37 in those sizes, if your pockets are deep enough, the cheaper option would be rota grids which come in 17x9.5 et12 so could be made to work with spacers

theres always some pretty manly sized wheels available in Japan, ive just imported a set of AME shallen in 18x9 and 18x10 for myself for a very reasonable price considering their value, do you have a budget in mind?

I had thought about importing wheels, just don't know of any companies that stock second hand wheels. Only know of nengun etc that supply new wheels.

Who have you dealt with in Japan?
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

Race Idiot wrote:How much did it cost to ship a set of wheels over? I've got a set of 17 inch rays splits that I was going to get refurbed and use as winter/road wheels. But i'd much prefer to have a nice set of 16's instead.

I dont much fancy buying a set of rotas, purely because they pretty much rip off other companies work as their own.

shipping was just shy of £400 via dhl, on a 4 day air mail service, based on 4x 14kg packages, you can ship by sea for less (circa £280-300 for 4 wheels) but it takes 6 weeks.

@GTmatt, ive dealt with various different people in japan for different things, sometimes direct from the suppliers/manufacturer, sometimes via an agent,, sometimes via japanese auctions.. if you're interested in having something imported shoot me a PM and we can talk :thumleft:
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
tedweirdo

co-ordsport?

Post by tedweirdo »

Co-ordsport in the Midlands were good for Rays/ Volk rims when I was hunting some rims. It was roundabout the same price after getting hammered for vat and import duty.
blogsy

Post by blogsy »

mr2's 5x114.3 stud pattern is the same as Ford in America. that means there are lots of wheels by american companies like
http://www.americanracing.com/wheels . This company can import them for you http://www.northhantstyres.com/main-wheel-page.html
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

Thanks for the suggestions, will take a look. Any more suggestions are still welcome want to have as many options as possible.

Return to “Modifications”