Best Floor Mats - Autostyle, Matcraft or Carmats Uk?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bern

Best Floor Mats - Autostyle, Matcraft or Carmats Uk?

Post by Bern »

Hi Gents,

I'm looking for top quality OEM type replacement floor mats for my mkii, in all black. I'd like to do away with the grommet so want a non-slip backing, and also a good heelpad so the mat doesn't wear prematurely.

Does anyone have experience with either Autostyle, Matcraft or Carmats UK?

Note, I don't want the IMOC mats, I'm looking for something without a logo, or at most the MR2 logo.
CalMac

Re: Best Floor Mats - Autostyle, Matcraft or Carmats Uk?

Post by CalMac »

Don't want the IMOC mats?! Cheeky git [-(

:lol:

The IMOC mats are nice, I've had a pair for the last couple of years which have held up really well Can't comment on any others
Bern

Post by Bern »

I don't want the logo.

Who makes the imoc ones?
Bern

Post by Bern »

Well, seems like I might be the first guy to replace his mats, I'll keep you fellows posted on my search. First, carmats UK won't ship internationally. Not sure why but they refuse (I'm in Canada). Matcraft also refused to ship international but I begged them to reconsider so they tried to scare me with a shipping quote (ignoring my request for product pricing and info about their heelpad). I've followed up with them sayin the shipping is fine, we'll see if they go ahead and share some product details and pricing. Looks like autostyle is the most viable option so I'm going to start looking for reviews about their mats (their pic gallery isn't much).

On a random tangent, the oem mats are discontinued in North America, is it the same case in the UK or Japan?
RST

Post by RST »

Well, seems like I might be the first guy to replace his mats, I'll keep you fellows posted on my search. First, carmats UK won't ship internationally. Not sure why but they refuse (I'm in Canada). Matcraft also refused to ship international but I begged them to reconsider so they tried to scare me with a shipping quote (ignoring my request for product pricing and info about their heelpad). I've followed up with them sayin the shipping is fine, we'll see if they go ahead and share some product details and pricing. Looks like autostyle is the most viable option so I'm going to start looking for reviews about their mats (their pic gallery isn't much).

On a random tangent, the oem mats are discontinued in North America, is it the same case in the UK or Japan?

...been lucky enough to get good mats in most of my cars (some original -mint from Japan!!!). But I can't say which AEM is better or worse, most just aren't quite the right shape and have a black rubbery coarse sandpaper type underside which in my experience just disintegrates in a few months and sheds little bits everywhere. OEM mats are long obsolete for the SW20 but well worth it if you can find decent ones second hand.

I feel your pain re: shipping though. The 'odd company still refuses to ship goods to my postcode -and I'm UK main land!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”