3D model?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GTMatt

3D model?

Post by GTMatt »

As per title does anybody have/ have a link to any free 3D models of a mk2 mr2. Preferably as a solidworks file but generic files also of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Matt
hans-Rev3

Re: 3D model?

Post by hans-Rev3 »

Are you still looking? I've think there should be a couple on my old laptop that I'll dig out if you are.
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

yes still on the hunt. That would be awesome if you could :thumleft:
Racer7

Post by Racer7 »

Is that the sort of thing you'd be able to 3d print from? You can see where I might be going with this!
hans-Rev3

Post by hans-Rev3 »

Good news is, I've found it! Bad news is, I'm going to bed now so I'll get it over to you tomorrow. Just out of interest what do you need it for?

Racer7, what are you thinking? 3D printing and wind tunnel testing? I might be able to get it printed actually.
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

Ah that's amazing, shall i pm you my email?

I am currently making a custom wide arch kit for my car and it's easier to scheme things out in solidworks than trial and error. Also if I make it in Solidworks I can print out 1:1 section profile boards.

I have looked into 3D printing/ stereolithography for other components, and unless you work for/ own a printer it isn't a cheap process, just fast and effect.
Racer7

Post by Racer7 »

hans-Rev3 wrote:
Racer7, what are you thinking? 3D printing and wind tunnel testing? I might be able to get it printed actually.

Not quite! A bit more low brow, 3d printed MR2 paraphernalia for myself since my car spends most of it's life in the garage!

Would be nice to remind myself I do have one. :lol:
hans-Rev3

Post by hans-Rev3 »

Actually I've found the download link I originally got it from, can't post URLs but if you google "mr2oc aerodynamics cfd" it should be the top result. Download links are on page 11.

If that doesn't work pm me your email and I'll send you my files.

Its a pretty interesting thread to read as well to be honest.
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

I do remember reading that thread years ago when I first bought my mr2, I actually pm'd the guy about the model and got no reply, nice to see its being shared now. Thanks for the help :thumleft: . I'm sure when I get down to it some schemes will appear in my build thread.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”