total car respray

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: total car respray

Post by Ryan S »

androo007 wrote:So either my choices are:

Drive from Brighton (ish) to Scotland for £1k

Drive to Alan_UK for £1200 ? :-)

How far is Alan away from you? Closest seems most logical.
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

we could do your car for less than £1200 if you just wanted it tidying up mate :)

and despite some of the comments it would be a good clean job that will last
Last edited by alan_uk on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

were in stockton on tees
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

sheppy wrote:Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/Re ... 420a98.jpg

this is a clapped out Toyota,

throw as much money at is as you like, it's a clapped out Toyota.

I'm not asking you to justify why you've spent an extortionate amount of money on it, all I'm saying is that things can be done cheaper and to the same level of finish as your " full ground up restoration".
My respray may have been cheap but it's certainly not crappy.

As for quality parts, it never stopped your block cracking did it?? Peter Gidden must be laughing his head off every time there's a problem with your car

:lol:

Dude you smoke some amount of poo clearly...

That's not clapped out at all. It's almost a bare shell. A foundation to build a car from. A foundation to build a car exactly how you want from.
Not just a half ar$ed throw this that and the next thing on it...and boom... Out pops a Xxxx-esque creation.

We can all go about it two ways when building our cars depending on the level of care and attention to detail we have.

As for a block cracking... It could happen to anyone's. Both your block and mine included. That's nothing to do with Peter at all.

You really seem to just come on here, open your mouth and allow your childish immature nature to waffle on continually... At first it was funny to look in on but now it's just a bit tiring and sad really.

Go get yourself some action or something.. Clearly something is needed.

It's like you crave the attention and love to just post and post about nothing other than your glorious self and what you are up to.

Posting about build specs, asking advice and then not listening and telling everyone you basically know better so you will do it your way.

Then came turbos... That was laughable to read :lol:

You are always implying to everyone that you know better than them.
Then you ask a dumb ass question like "help me decide what turbo to buy" whilst continuing with the constant snide remarks about wanting to do things different to prove everyone wrong.
Aye no bother pal :thumleft:

The way you go on you would swear that you were the first person to ever out a turbo on an mr2.

And now Red's car is a clapped out waste of money.

Personally I admire what he has done. He's done exactly what I plan to do with the "clapped out" shell I've got also. However, I'm a bit of an idiot I guess like Red and just love to throw money at what is after all "just a car". Nothing to do with the fact that Red's car is his pride and joy or anything like that... He built it properly from the ground up. (Ofcourse at a great expense but that's his choice)

Who gives a xxxx if your car cost £800 or whatever to paint. You can't possibly comment saying that the finish of your car is on par with Red's car...

Quite simple:

Have you seen Red's car in the flesh?

Comparing photos or Red's with photos that are clearly modified or had Instagram pump the poo out of them doesn't count.

Why don't you run along and play on that clapped out Ninja you swear is the fastest thing on the road and go race those mclaren P1's you claim to have wasted on those magical roads in your dreams.
It was atleast more exciting to read when you posted that nonsense.
Last edited by GeorgeL on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

TOTB13 RWD 1/4mile 1st place
TOTB14 RWD 1/4mile 3rd place (Misfiring)
TOTB15 RWD 1/4mile 2nd place (HG Failure)
TOTB16 RWD 1/4mile 1st place
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

ach away you go you bellend, you're another one that just launches money at a car, your car is built and maintained by you spending money, very good, i have a wallet and a large bank account as well, i could do exactly the same, i've yet to see you offer up any amount of advice to anyone on here other than coming out with the lengthiest statements i think i've ever seen on a forum,

build thread consiting of you snapping some pics while YVS do the work to your car?? how interesting....
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

sheppy wrote:ach away you go you bellend, you're another one that just launches money at a car, your car is built and maintained by you spending money, very good, i have a wallet and a large bank account as well, i could do exactly the same, i've yet to see you offer up any amount of advice to anyone on here other than coming out with the lengthiest statements i think i've ever seen on a forum,

build thread consiting of you snapping some pics while YVS do the work to your car?? how interesting....

His build thread has some of the lengthiest and most interesting posts on it. I'd love for you to pit your car against George's at TOTB.
No 2 :(
Lee H

Post by Lee H »

Couldn't have put it better myself. Sheppy, you don't half post some crap.

I paid nearly £2k for a respray on my old Nova, spent over £20k and sold the car for £7k. Stupid maybe but its a hobby and I can afford to do it. Not everything in life is about making money.

I can see you are out to do everything on the smallest budget imaginable but I guarantee it will come back and bite you in the ar$e (hopefully!). You don't half know how to rub people up the wrong way when they are trying to help you.
Lee H

Post by Lee H »

MR2 Rich wrote:
sheppy wrote:ach away you go you bellend, you're another one that just launches money at a car, your car is built and maintained by you spending money, very good, i have a wallet and a large bank account as well, i could do exactly the same, i've yet to see you offer up any amount of advice to anyone on here other than coming out with the lengthiest statements i think i've ever seen on a forum,

His build thread has some of the lengthiest and most interesting posts on it. I'd love for you to pit your car against George's at TOTB.

This tbh. Much more interesting watching things being done right rather than how to remove an engine piece by piece.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

against a car that George has built himself? Yeah i'm up for that :thumleft:

you spent how much on a Nova?? a Vauxhall Nova yeah?? not some exotic thing that i don't know about?? good god :shock: :shock:
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

sheppy wrote:against a car that George has built himself? Yeah i'm up for that :thumleft:

you spent how much on a Nova?? a Vauxhall Nova yeah?? not some exotic thing that i don't know about?? good god :shock: :shock:

You think George doesn't participate in the build of his cars? LOL.
The level of detail and research that go into proper builds like George's, Ash's and Red's to name a few put your "different approach" to shame.
No 2 :(
Lee H

Post by Lee H »

sheppy wrote:against a car that George has built himself? Yeah i'm up for that :thumleft:

What does it matter how it was built, still an MR2, why can't we compare?

Yes a Vauxhall Nova, enjoyed doing it, was fast, moved on and wasted money on another car, nature of the hobby.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

MR2 Rich wrote:

You think George doesn't participate in the build of his cars? LOL.
The level of detail and research that go into proper builds like George's, Ash's and Red's to name a few put your "different approach" to shame.

I'm sure he does all his own work :thumleft:

as for my build, well that remains to be seen now doesn't it :)
ashley

Post by ashley »

GeorgeL wrote:Dude you smoke some amount of poo clearly...

That's not clapped out at all. It's almost a bare shell. A foundation to build a car from. A foundation to build a car exactly how you want from.
Not just a half ar$ed throw this that and the next thing on it...and boom... Out pops a Xxxx-esque creation.

We can all go about it two ways when building our cars depending on the level of care and attention to detail we have.

As for a block cracking... It could happen to anyone's. Both your block and mine included. That's nothing to do with Peter at all.

You really seem to just come on here, open your mouth and allow your childish immature nature to waffle on continually... At first it was funny to look in on but now it's just a bit tiring and sad really.

Go get yourself some action or something.. Clearly something is needed.

It's like you crave the attention and love to just post and post about nothing other than your glorious self and what you are up to.

Posting about build specs, asking advice and then not listening and telling everyone you basically know better so you will do it your way.

Then came turbos... That was laughable to read :lol:

You are always implying to everyone that you know better than them.
Then you ask a dumb ass question like "help me decide what turbo to buy" whilst continuing with the constant snide remarks about wanting to do things different to prove everyone wrong.
Aye no bother pal :thumleft:

The way you go on you would swear that you were the first person to ever out a turbo on an mr2.

And now Red's car is a clapped out waste of money.

Personally I admire what he has done. He's done exactly what I plan to do with the "clapped out" shell I've got also. However, I'm a bit of an idiot I guess like Red and just love to throw money at what is after all "just a car". Nothing to do with the fact that Red's car is his pride and joy or anything like that... He built it properly from the ground up. (Ofcourse at a great expense but that's his choice)

Who gives a xxxx if your car cost £800 or whatever to paint. You can't possible comment saying that the finish of your car is ok par with Red's car...

Quite simple:

Have you seen Red's car in the flesh?

Comparing photos or Red's with photos that are clearly modified or had Instagram pump the poo out of them doesn't count.

Why don't you run along and play on that clapped out Ninja you swear is the fastest thing on the road and go race those mclaren P1's you claim to have wasted on those magical roads in your dreams.
It was atleast more exciting to read when you posted that nonsense.

It needed to be said, I just wish I had the courage to have said it first myself- I know there are a load of folk on here thinking exactly the same thing....I just hate confrontation, and I'm pretty sure Sheppy isn't the sort who will ever listen.

FWIW I used to enjoy this forum, folk asked for advice and help, and I enjoyed trying to help them...I often got it wrong, and someone would help me see where I went wrong and i would gratefully end up learning something new.

But recently it's become the Sheppy-show, and it's gotten old quick...I told myself I wasn't going to post on here anymore cos I just end up getting pi$$ed off with the snide remarks, and passive aggressive abuse Sheppy gives to everyone.

Perfect example: Sheppy asks for advice on big power builds, a bunch of folk who have "some" experience in this area gladly offer what they've learnt as advice only to be accused of being in an "imoc kleek", not being open to new ideas, being blinded by what works on paper. And then to have the cheek to claim you are pioneering something new by trying to do something different to prove us all idiots, like building a 9:1 compression engine with an oversize headgasket.

Don't get me wrong- I totally respect out of the box thinking, and going your own way- but for feks sake at least have the decency to base your "different" approach on some form of logic! We asked why you'd build it that way and there was no response other than complaining that people were posting on your thread telling you you were doing it wrong....all they/ we were doing was offering the advice you asked for in the first place.

And as George says- you then demonstrate how shallow your tuning knowledge is by asking "what turbo should I buy" AFTER you've spec'd the rest of your build including buying pistons. If you haven't even worked that one out....well I give up.

I apologise- I wan't going to post on your threads anymore cos I "don't have direct experience of building an engine with 9:1 pistons and a 1.8m gasket", but George needs to be backed up....he is a perfect example of someone who is actually doing it differently...I've not seen anyone with a two with the setup he's just about to put in his car, yet you slate him for it.

Rant over, I'm out...I've had enough of the Sheepy show....shame cos I enjoyed trying to help folk out with some of the stuff I've managed to learn about these cars.
Last edited by ashley on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Aww look let's delve into a "I have a big wallet" competition...

What is this to you? A p1$$ing contest... Go back to school if you want a p1$$ing contest.

Yes Simon built my car, yes he does 95% of the work to it. I chose to have it that way. I trust him with it and personally I don't have the time to do it either. I could easily do most of it myself but I chose to burst my ass at work to pay for it instead.

If you wish to talk about something I've personally built id happily start posting pictures of what I have done in my limited spare time. But hey, I won't... I don't do p1$$ing contests :thumleft:

I don't often have to offer advice on here as there are plenty of other knowledgable guys on here who do on a frequent basis. If you paid any attention at all though to some of the important threads where advice is needed, you will see I have in fact contributed on occasion.

Not that it matters though :lol:

Back to YVS again... Simon builds it, I drive it. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Feel free to tell me if you can think of something wrong with that?

Did you paint your car? Did you install the bodykit?
Nope... You just posted lots of pics of it from the paint shop whilst they did all the work :thumleft: #-o
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

TOTB13 RWD 1/4mile 1st place
TOTB14 RWD 1/4mile 3rd place (Misfiring)
TOTB15 RWD 1/4mile 2nd place (HG Failure)
TOTB16 RWD 1/4mile 1st place
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

ach well, what can you do Ash, in fairness it was bad post timing that seemed like my post was aimed at you in that thread, I did actually take on pretty much all of your advice, as for the turbo thread it was planned for a garrett gtx3071, I was wanting advice on different brands with the same characteristics as everyone seems to have a garrett. as for "the sheppy show" yeah i post on here a lot, the problem is that other members have been driven away due to the clubs attitude, i;ve had countless PMs about the build from member who have builds but daren't post due to this kind of thing. there's a handful of members who just seem to stick together on here and "gang up" on anyone who doesn't do a build the way they see fit, and for this reason there's very little build threads on here. I could name at least 10 different members who;ve PMd saying they wouldn't put their build thread on here.

anyway, enjoy the show, long may it continue :thumleft:
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

So everyone has to build their own car and be in the know to get cheap paintjobs for their clapped out old toyotas. :?
Marf

Post by Marf »

ashley wrote:
GeorgeL wrote:Great Post
equally good follow up

outrun

Post by outrun »

What the xxxx have I just read?

O.P. roller it. :lol:
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

Back on topic op contact p chambers from the traders section. Patrick's in Bexhill on sea and does quality work at decent prices
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Thanks Thomp I will give him a call. Much closer.....

Guys let's not gave a b!tchfest against each other - all have good experience and we're all here to learn and help where we can so no point having a slag at each other.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”