Rev5, cosmos blue NA - Undecided on a few things

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mikey637

Re: Rev5, cosmos blue NA - Undecided on a few things

Post by Mikey637 »

Got rear ended today on the way into work! Luckily my brake was only half on so both cars came away without a scratch!

RikH77 wrote:
Mikey637 wrote:
RikH77 wrote:

is this all the leds changed?

Yep with the newer and poorer LEDs, see post #1 for how they actually look (reverted back to that)

hard to do?
at a point where am running out of stuff to do to mine :thumleft:

Very easy, Shinny has a thread either on here or the mr2oc with a lot of info on it
n52

Post by n52 »

What wheels are those \:D/
Mikey637

Post by Mikey637 »

They're Rota slipstreams :) 17x7.5/8.5 I think. Got some Advan sa3r's being delivered tomorrow though!
Mikey637

Post by Mikey637 »

Off to pacific works! Coilovers among other things are going on ;)
Mikey637

Post by Mikey637 »

So went down to see Luke@Pacific works today, brilliant couple of guys that really know their stuff! Ended up getting my Coilovers, ball joints, braided lines and front discs/pads done as planned and ended up having an autofactors drop off some rear discs/pads as well as you'll see.

Got there about 90mins late due to the M25 doing what it does best but they got cracking straight away. (Just realised I haven't actually taken that many photos, I was too busy looking at the Formula Renault and talking b0ll0cks).

Straight away - Bad start. Rear disc wrecked and a cracked pad!

Nice new and shiny

First PITA for Chris was grinding the old drop links off!

Next massive ballache were the ball joints but I didn't get any pics, you can imagine an increasingly frustrated man weilding a hammer...

Coilovers and braided lines went on nice and simple until Luke discovers that someone has already snapped the bleed nipple off the front right caliper. Luckily he had a spare he'd set aside for his car but sold to me for a very fair price! Shame it's white and definitely matches my black diamond discs
:lol:

After this was sorted we had a short run down the lane to check for noises and Luke was convinced the brakes weren't 100%. Got back and checked over the pit - The front left had a leak from the piston seal where the corrosion on the piston had split it after it not being pushed in for god knows how long. No pictures of this but I now at least have matching front white calipers! Once again so grateful as both front calipers were meant for his car!

This is how the car now stands. Needs a full Geo done on a hunter machine and then I'm all set for a 5hour trip to wales next week. Sorry about the poor shot, It was late and I just wanted to drive!

wilki

Post by wilki »

Best colour for an MR2 that :roll: :lol:

Looks really nice dropped on them rotas 8) :thumleft:
Mikey637

Post by Mikey637 »

Means a lot coming from you, your build is incredible! I've got some advan sa3r's I need to get refurbed but unsure what colour would suit
Mikey637

Post by Mikey637 »

I've been off work for two weeks due to a back injury, I couldn't drive because I was taking some strong pain pills.

About a week ago I tried starting the car and the alternator was feked, new alternator fitted and now the clutch is gone as well so I need that sorting before I get polybushes and new calipers all round :)

Anyway, got a few bits done while I've been off work.

I stiffened up the spring in the gear shifted by adding a few pits of plastic sleeve over the ends!

I'd ordered a 5m strip of 5050 LEDS and wired some into the boot to replace the useless 7w bulb. I also plan to have some in the footwells/ under the seats and wire them up to the door switches because I think it'll look cool.

Sorry for the amount of crap in my boot :p
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Boot light looks good :thumleft:
I've been meaning to do the exact same to mine for ages now. I'll get round to it one day :lol:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
Mikey637

Post by Mikey637 »

JAAASH wrote:Boot light looks good :thumleft:
I've been meaning to do the exact same to mine for ages now. I'll get round to it one day :lol:

I still have a good 3/4meters of the stuff left, I can send 1m to you for postage if you fancy it mate, I won't use it all and it was cheap :thumleft: you'd need to solder wires onto the contacts though.

Update to the car, clutch is now un-drivable so I got my girlfriend to film this whilst limping it home. (Click it it's a video)

Sad times seeing your car go off on the back of a truck :shock: Had to drive it on myself which was daunting.

On it's way to Luke again, this time for clutch and 4 new callipers, going to get my Advans refurbed too :)
Mikey637

Post by Mikey637 »

Got the car back, clutch feels amazing, must've been slipping since I'd got the car, feels quicker and proper throws you back in the seat now!

New callipers not so good, he bled the brakes about 5-6 times and it still has double the travel and feels spongy, he thinks master cylinder may be on it's way out?

Car still pulls and sways and feels unstable but polybush's are getting done within the month (he had no stock), geo is good but I know the ride height needs fiddling with, reckon that's it?

Ah well, happy to have it back and driving better but still not 100%
Mikey637

Post by Mikey637 »

Quite a bit of a checklist!

Fit new roof seals + Buy and fit Tbar seals.
Fit black headlining kit
Decide on a colour for my SA3R's and get them refurbed.
Polybushed
Full GEO inc coilover setup (considering selling them and getting new billies + springs, undecided).
Polish rear lights + exhaust
When money allows it kit the car up (Turbo lid, possibly Toms rear bumper, bomex lip, single side vent mod + side scoops).

Anyone wanna lend a hand? :roll:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

nice man

looks lovely on them rota's the ride height is perfect :)
ive just done black roof lining makes a massive difference

1 thing i would think long and hard about is kitting it ive done that with my last 2 and neither looked as good as when they were standard body, just a thought :D
craig

Post by craig »

alan_uk wrote:

1 thing i would think long and hard about is kitting it ive done that with my last 2 and neither looked as good as when they were standard body, just a thought :D

I beg to differ:

8)
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

dont get me wrong that looks nice but to me bodykits look bulky

have a look at for instance rory's grey 1 looked awesome

even his yellow 1 too was sweet

shinny's carribean blue 1 looks awesome

i think a kit takes the shape away maybe its just me getting old i dunno lol
call me boring but i would prefer any of the above over a kitted 1 :thumleft:
Mikey637

Post by Mikey637 »

I was thinking that but I'm not a massive fan of the rear bumper, the Toms rear I like because it's OEM-ish just a bit bulkier :thumleft:

Now, what colour should I get my advans Refurbed in? I could only get silver and flat black to work properly for some reason :( If anyone could do one in Bronze and another in Anthricite I'd appreciate it :D

Mikey637

Post by Mikey637 »

Oh and I cleaned her earlier ;) Any excuse to pic whore haha

alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

you not thought about putting import rear on and import front plate holder and plate

ive found they suit the car better :)

bronze would look sweet for the wheels too :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”