[Mk2] [Turbo] FP and B+, dont get anything?

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimGTS

[Mk2] [Turbo] FP and B+, dont get anything?

Post by jimGTS »

seeing how i dont have a fuel pump relay or resistor pack on my converted car (im assuming thats why nothing happens when i bridge those terminals), i wondered how else i can get the pump running without starting the car??
nuttasie

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] FP and B+, dont get anything?

Post by nuttasie »

That depends on your current wiring. As the pump + been wired totally seperate from the original wiring.if it as but you still have the socket there you could temp replace a wire from the socket to the pump then bridge the terminals like std check or just run one right from the battery with an inline switch for your own control while messing about with it to stop it from continuos running.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

plugs look oem at the fuel pump.
i ended up using a battery on the fuel pump plug to check, basically got the same readings as when the engine was started (with no vacuum at the fpr).

so i was happy to check pressures while the car was running in the end.
(bgb states same pressures with engine on and off with the vac line off the FPR).

i installed an adjustable HKS fuel pressure reg, along with a liquid pressure gauge i cut open to atmos and dropped my fuel pressure from 46psi to 36psi base pressure.
(stock is ment to be 33-39psi), not sure why it was 46! tied oem fpr maybe.

car responded very well i have to say to the lower pressure. more pick up and response, and a little leaner AFRs up top.

nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Glad you got it sorted. I just fitted an aem fpr and set it to 38psi as thought i would pick a spot close to the top of std specs.just got to sort the rest of the fueling out.

that looks like it would be awkard fitting the fpr there?
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

i wanted the fpr as close to the rail as possible.

it bolts to a standard wiring tab (if you look carefully), so really it was an ideal location, the fpr isnt alot bigger than stock.

awkward in what way?? i can easily adjust pressure with a spanner, i just had to angle my fuel lines in a way that everything would go back together. :thumleft:

once a couple of hoses and map sensor are out the way, theres loads of room as the pics below show.

i got the return line in the oem location across the rail as well.

nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

agh that bracket is well handy.when ever i work in that area it just seems like i have not got enough room for my hands, but it is ussually messing with the alternator which isn't nice #-o .
but has you stated there is more room there than i thought.

Return to “Electrical”