Quietest aftermarket backbox available? (Rev3 turbo)

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nails

Re: Quietest aftermarket backbox available? (Rev3 turbo)

Post by Nails »

I got my legalis r cheap on the bay too. 140 or 160. Was in the ar$e end of now where and collection only. Luckily was close to a relative and delivered free on a family get together. Had to get the centre pipe made up as was missing but only cost 80 quid a t AAS.
its pretty quiet I think. Nice tone etc but can still hear it in the house but its not loud enough to p1$$ people off aslong as you dont take the p1$$ either revving or letting it run for ages etc.
mrturbotom

Post by mrturbotom »

My factory stock rev 3 na you can hear arrive at the house, so I wouldn't think about that too much.
Drone is a big issue, mongoose is by far the worst exhaust I have ever had, had several different brands on my mr2s too.
Currently on a blue flame which sounds great but i want something quieter, thinking stock if I can't find anything else.
Put my hks superdragger on my wifes car, would love another as quiet but sounds great. Only down side is the mild steel rots
craig

Post by craig »

mrturbotom wrote:My factory stock rev 3 na you can hear arrive at the house, so I wouldn't think about that too much.
Drone is a big issue, mongoose is by far the worst exhaust I have ever had, had several different brands on my mr2s too.
Currently on a blue flame which sounds great but i want something quieter, thinking stock if I can't find anything else.
Put my hks superdragger on my wifes car, would love another as quiet but sounds great. Only down side is the mild steel rots

Isn't the blueflame EXACTLY the same as a Mongoose, but with different tail pipes? :eye:
mrturbotom

Post by mrturbotom »

RedMR² wrote:
mrturbotom wrote:My factory stock rev 3 na you can hear arrive at the house, so I wouldn't think about that too much.

Isn't the blueflame EXACTLY the same as a Mongoose, but with different tail pipes? :eye:

No its very different, the blueflame sounds far nicer and doesn't give me a headache like the mongoose did.
craig

Post by craig »

mrturbotom wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

No its very different, the blueflame sounds far nicer and doesn't give me a headache like the mongoose did.

Weird. Was sure they were exactly the same, made in exactly the same way, just with different tail pipes to make them different to the mongoose.

Blue flame:

Mongoose:
mrturbotom

Post by mrturbotom »

RedMR² wrote:

No its very different, the blueflame sounds far nicer and doesn't give me a headache like the mongoose did.[/quote]

Weird. Was sure they were exactly the same, made in exactly the same way, just with different tail pipes to make them different to the mongoose.

Blue flame:
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/ ... GP5179.jpg

Mongoose:
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.roguesystems.co.uk/images/pr ... 321/00.jpg[/quote]

They're the two I had, definitely completely different sound.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”