St205 ECU

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

St205 ECU

Post by Ryan S »

can i run this on my rev3 without a chargecooler?? got a lad wanting my ecu but he only has a ST205 ecu to give to me. trying to sort him out and not leave myself mr2less :(

i'm aware i'll get a fault code but will the car be driveable or what??
shinny

Re: St205 ECU

Post by shinny »

It'll run the car, yes, but it's not a direct plug-and-play job. You need to fake the charge cooler pump and doing that is known to be a little hit and miss.

These are the seven wires that need to be modified to run the ST205 ECU in an MR2:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

shinny wrote:It'll run the car, yes, but it's not a direct plug-and-play job. You need to fake the charge cooler pump and doing that is known to be a little hit and miss.

These are the seven wires that need to be modified to run the ST205 ECU in an MR2:
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.shinny.co.uk/sw20rev3tost205ecu.png

I'm out, need the car tonight :(

Next question, anybody on here got a loan of a rev3 ecu?? Or....does anyone need a ST205 ECU in exchange for a rev3 one?
shinny

Post by shinny »

TBH, you could probably cut all 7 wires and have a functional car... albeit one that would be locked in a safe mode and permanently have the CEL on.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

shinny wrote:TBH, you could probably cut all 7 wires and have a functional car... albeit one that would be locked in a safe mode and permanently have the CEL on.

yeah i'm not into that, CEL I could handle but I need it to drive properly, Seeing if any of my local Mr2 buddies have an ECU I can borrow just now. Had to be a bloody GT4 owner wanting it :roll:
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

sheppy wrote:
shinny wrote:TBH, you could probably cut all 7 wires and have a functional car... albeit one that would be locked in a safe mode and permanently have the CEL on.

yeah i'm not into that, CEL I could handle but I need it to drive properly, Seeing if any of my local Mr2 buddies have an ECU I can borrow just now. Had to be a bloody GT4 owner wanting it :roll:

Just ask him to get you a MR2 one for exchange
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

bobhatton wrote:
sheppy wrote:

Just ask him to get you a MR2 one for exchange

i did Bob :)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

right, sorted, a very kind member (Quibble) is going to post me a rev3 ecu on loan, thanks mate, total legend :thumleft:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

im sure there was a power steering issue as well trying to run a st205 ecu?

i wouldnt have minded a loan swap to test out the blitz :)
shinny

Post by shinny »

jimGTS wrote:im sure there was a power steering issue as well trying to run a st205 ecu?

No issue... both the instructions Toxo posted and my diagrams show the PS wires need to be cut, and that's included in the 7 wires that need to be considered when converting.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

jimGTS wrote:im sure there was a power steering issue as well trying to run a st205 ecu?

Need it sold man :( it's sitting at £350 now on ebay :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

sheppy wrote:

Need it sold man :( it's sitting at £350 now on ebay :thumleft:

the AFR graphs are quite interesting, see the info in the link i posted.
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

I know you have this sorted, but do you have the details of the guy with the st205 ecu. I have my rev 3 turbo ecu, but I'm fitting a chargecooler, so could be up for a swap
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Fozzy wrote:I know you have this sorted, but do you have the details of the guy with the st205 ecu. I have my rev 3 turbo ecu, but I'm fitting a chargecooler, so could be up for a swap

he no longer wants the blitz due to the chargecooler issue bud :(

actually, leave this with me, one of my local friends says he's has a GT4 ecu, not 100% if it's a 205 or not, I'll get back to you as soon as poss :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

i've text him and directed him to this post for you :thumleft:

EDIT:sorry man,the one he has is not for a 205, My mistake :(
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Not to worry, I've got a lot to do to get the mk1 ready for the engine first before I really need an ecu, cheers for checking it out for me though

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”