[Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

synXero

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Post by synXero »

Just don't drive really close behind anyone and you'll be fine. The roads to crail are hardly gravelly.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

synXero wrote:Just don't drive really close behind anyone and you'll be fine. The roads to crail are hardly gravelly.

yeah man, I never tailgate anyway (in the car). Did i read that you guys are getting there for 10:30?? I'll probably already be there. :thumleft:
synXero

Post by synXero »

sheppy wrote:
synXero wrote:Just don't drive really close behind anyone and you'll be fine. The roads to crail are hardly gravelly.

yeah man, I never tailgate anyway (in the car). Did i read that you guys are getting there for 10:30?? I'll probably already be there. :thumleft:

That's the plan bud. 9:00am meet, 9:30am leave, about 10:30 arrival but maybe 10:45 if the roads are busier etc.

Can't wait!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

synXero wrote:
sheppy wrote:

That's the plan bud. 9:00am meet, 9:30am leave, about 10:30 arrival but maybe 10:45 if the roads are busier etc.

Can't wait!

ah cool, think we're leaving Dundee a bit earlier than that, I'll PM you on face ache :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

sheppy wrote:
killerferret666 wrote:looks good, your patience has been rewarded.

One advice I have is try not to drive it loads as the paint is still soft...so hard not too though!!

I drove the supra after sprayed...got stone chip on front and because paint was soft, took a larger chunk then normal and i was gutted. :cry:

Id almost suggest if it was me (as i will be doing it when my car is sprayed) a clear vinyl wrap. You lose a little bit of the reflection but the paint is kept in perfect condition and when that panels vinyl looks a bit crummy you can just replace the one. (paint will need time to cure first) And now a days isn't the most expensive job in the world.

yeah I'm not gonna be driving it much, taking it to the drag strip on sunday though :) I'd actually talked about clear vinyl wrapping it, I am so worried about chipping the paint :(

My car was resprayed in May, and then I did 2000 miles round trip on the Le Mans outing in June. Stone chipped front end, but I don't give a crap. My car is to be used, not moth balled in a museum. :mrgreen:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

RedMR² wrote:
sheppy wrote:
killerferret666 wrote:looks good, your patience has been rewarded.

One advice I have is try not to drive it loads as the paint is still soft...so hard not too though!!

I drove the supra after sprayed...got stone chip on front and because paint was soft, took a larger chunk then normal and i was gutted. :cry:

Id almost suggest if it was me (as i will be doing it when my car is sprayed) a clear vinyl wrap. You lose a little bit of the reflection but the paint is kept in perfect condition and when that panels vinyl looks a bit crummy you can just replace the one. (paint will need time to cure first) And now a days isn't the most expensive job in the world.

yeah I'm not gonna be driving it much, taking it to the drag strip on sunday though :) I'd actually talked about clear vinyl wrapping it, I am so worried about chipping the paint :(

My car was resprayed in May, and then I did 2000 miles round trip on the Le Mans outing in June. Stone chipped front end, but I don't give a crap. My car is to be used, not moth balled in a museum. :mrgreen:

I am absolutely of the same mindset man, it's just that it's sooooooo pretty!!!!!!

craig

Post by craig »

Yeah, does look good. You'll get more enjoyment driving it/getting use of it rather than just looking at it though! :wink:

You've spent the money making the car into what you want it to be, and I guess being a 1.3 ton paperweight wasn't part of the original plan! :lol:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

RedMR² wrote:Yeah, does look good. You'll get more enjoyment driving it/getting use of it rather than just looking at it though! :wink:

You've spent the money making the car into what you want it to be, and I guess being a 1.3 ton paperweight wasn't part of the original plan! :lol:

no definitely not!!! I will use it and i won't worry, just worried while the paint is soft so I am going to try not to drive it too much over the next 2 weeks :oops:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:it's just that it's sooooooo pretty!!!!!!

Certainly is sheppy .. She's a beauty mate =P~ =P~ =P~

Cough cough banzi mag feature ..cough cough :pray: O:)

Ps. it looks super nice bgw free :twisted:
craig

Post by craig »

Agree. Looks great sans spoiler.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

just chucking these in this thread too :thumleft:
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

I alway liked splashnatz's car http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.php ... le&CID=268 and even looked at the proton arches to do a similar idea without going so wide :wink:
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

madbasshunter wrote:I alway liked splashnatz's car http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.php ... le&CID=268 and even looked at the proton arches to do a similar idea without going so wide :wink:
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.performance-car-guide.co.uk/ ... -GTi-2.jpg

used to loooove these Protons when I was (much) younger! Took my lesson in the un pimped version :D
decker2

Post by decker2 »

That looks sweet :thumleft: excellent colour choice
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

decker2 wrote:That looks sweet :thumleft: excellent colour choice

Cheers man, i wish i could get a proper pic, the pearl flip doesn't photograph well at all :(
Quibble

Post by Quibble »

Looks great mate, could you do a walk round and put it on you tube, maybe get a better look at the colour that way.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Quibble wrote:Looks great mate, could you do a walk round and put it on you tube, maybe get a better look at the colour that way.

Yeah sure man, i'll get one done tomorrow :) spotting more and more wee dodgy bits but as i said before, it's a 1200 spray job and a 20 year old car, i'm also being very very picky :)

Having nothing but bother with the arch liners collapsing on the wheel too, i'm gonna have to get it on the ramps and get everything secure :)
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

That looks great bud.lovin them last 3 piccies.are those d1r's.I'm havin a nightmare tryin to get some white alloys for my inlaws yellow 2 .pm'd a couple of people supposedly selling sets and didn't even get a reply lol.people must not want the money.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nuttasie wrote:That looks great bud.lovin them last 3 piccies.are those d1r's.I'm havin a nightmare tryin to get some white alloys for my inlaws yellow 2 .pm'd a couple of people supposedly selling sets and didn't even get a reply lol.people must not want the money.

they are D1Rs mate yeah, I got rid of the red stripe and painted the centre caps yellow. I actually looooove the look of these wheels on the car, I wish i could just find a proper sized set of these, at the moment I have massive spacers :(
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

was the stripe just a sticker as thats what put me off telling the inlaw to get them as thought the stripe looked to chavvy on white wheels.

Return to “Modifications”