Ab Flug kit advice.....

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Ab Flug kit advice.....

Post by Ryan S »

ok, I know there's not a great deal of folk with this kit but does anyone know if the kit is ok at speed?? I'm thinking the arches are gonna flex and come off with the wind, my rear ones will be solid as they are getting bonded and bolted, but I requested that the front ones DO NOT get bonded so I can get the bumper off, can anyone comment??
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: Ab Flug kit advice.....

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Just take it out and drive fast and see if anything drops off! :lol: Surely if the kit has been fitted well you will not have a problem? I remember my gf managed to get her Saxo Quicksilver lookalike up to 90mph once on the motorway, and the bonded on arch flew off! :lol: Deffo prefer knowing panels and kit parts are bolted rather than just bonded though.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

How about bonding them into bumper and arch but keep the split between them?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I'm gonna have to think of something, i'll see how the kit holds up at crail on sunday :)
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

sheppy wrote:I'm gonna have to think of something, i'll see how the kit holds up at crail on sunday :)

Are you definitely going?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah man, if the car's not finished i'll take the bike :)
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

With no experience, me and a friend fitted the originals (the copy moulds were made from them). Nothing fell off at about 157 MPH at TOTB. Think you'll be fine if it's been pro-fitted. :D
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

splashnatz wrote:With no experience, me and a friend fitted the originals (the copy moulds were made from them). Nothing fell off at about 157 MPH at TOTB. Think you'll be fine if it's been pro-fitted. :D

I've actually got the car back and the arches are solid man, i'm not worried about them at all now :thumleft:

do you still have your car?? Been oggling pictures of it for about 6 months now!!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”