[Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Post by Ryan S »

Hmmmm, i'll have a word about the front arches, thy are single skinned though whereas the rear arches are double. Personally i'd prefer them cut :(
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Also guys, don't get this job mixed up with a professional 3k paint job, i've only paid 1200 for all the work. The kit, spacers, refurbing my wheels, and the cost of the pearl paint is where the majority of costs are. As said from the start it was never gonna be a 3k paint job. :thumleft:

EDIT: Just totted everything up, and i'm only into the car for £2600, I thought i'd spent over 3k so far but I've not. If it was a professional job I actually would have went for a full colour change, most likely to red and i'd expect even the engine to come out for that :thumleft:

Wheel refurb - £250 (decided to go to with powdercoat instead)
Paint + materials - £300
Spacers - £300
Work - £1200
Kit - £550.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:Hmmmm, i'll have a word about the front arches, thy are single skinned though whereas the rear arches are double. Personally i'd prefer them cut :(

Cutting the front arches future proofs your project .. this time next year you might be running 9 jj front and 12jj rear .. makes complete sense to me to cut them now .. rather than sorting it out latter .

Still got my fingers and toes crossed for tuesday :thumleft:

Kev.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:
sheppy wrote:Hmmmm, i'll have a word about the front arches, thy are single skinned though whereas the rear arches are double. Personally i'd prefer them cut :(

Cutting the front arches future proofs your project .. this time next year you might be running 9 jj front and 12jj rear .. makes complete sense to me to cut them now .. rather than sorting it out latter .

Kev.

yeah they are gonna get cut man, You're absolutely right, they need doing now so i'm gonna make sure they are done, away to message the guy just now (Y)

Also decided to leave it spoilerless for now until I decid on what spoiler I want. Will most likely be a BGW but I'm not keen on the one I intended to use now :( needs to be bigger and gayer I think :-k
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:
2mad wrote:

Kev.

yeah they are gonna get cut man, You're absolutely right, they need doing now so i'm gonna make sure they are done, away to message the guy just now (Y)

Also decided to leave it spoilerless for now until I decid on what spoiler I want. Will most likely be a BGW but I'm not keen on the one I intended to use now :( needs to be bigger and gayer I think :-k

Yeah I think if your going the bgw root it needs to be the biggest.. gayest .. wing you can find ....... ps. i really like them :eye: ... or a duck tail (as seen in my garage pics)..

Mad psi duck tails a win for me .. And i think having a bgw as well would look great :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

yeah man, deffo need one for this kit, the wing I intended to use was a bit small, I also like the curved ones better, mine was straight.

Like this one.

2mad

Post by 2mad »

synXero wrote:

Love this bgw .. if the one youve posted has the same width (or wider) its a win for me (remember im in the minority though) but i really like the touring car look :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

the wing i have is actually very much like the one in the pic, i just think it's a slightly dated look now, Plus, i have to drive past a Subaru every night with a carbon one which is bigger and curved, every night i see i want a similar one more and more :D
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:the wing i have is actually very much like the one in the pic, i just think it's a slightly dated look now, Plus, i have to drive past a Subaru every night with a carbon one which is bigger and curved, every night i see i want a similar one more and more :D

Be cheeky and tap on the door, ask where he got it from .. whats the worst that can happen 8-[ ..
Mount of times people have tapped on my door or stopped me at the petrol station .. I never minded :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:
sheppy wrote:the wing i have is actually very much like the one in the pic, i just think it's a slightly dated look now, Plus, i have to drive past a Subaru every night with a carbon one which is bigger and curved, every night i see i want a similar one more and more :D

Be cheeky and tap on the door, ask where he got it from .. whats the worst that can happen 8-[ ..
Mount of times people have tapped on my door or stopped me at the petrol station .. I never minded :thumleft:

It's actually at a dealers, I think they got the car in like that, it's a P1, they want 8k for it :shock:

EDIT: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/s ... 6285381409

here it is here :)
2mad

Post by 2mad »

2mad wrote:
synXero wrote:

If you've got one like this good to go .. I think try it out .. if it don't look right ... couple of bolts and removed .. spoiler-les is a good look too
:thumleft:

P. must admit that wing didnt look right on the subaru (to me 8-[ )
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

i hate the spoilerless look, I will try the one I have and see if I like it (without drilling the boot obviously). the wing needs painted though and I'm not prepared to let this guy do that as he'll have it for ages. I was thinking mabe a yellow carbon effect wrap? or maybe just black carbon wrap. Or obviously buying a carbon wing, I think I'd prefer it the same colour as the car though.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote: without drilling the boot obviously

That would probably be your best bet :oops: .. thats what I did with my car held the spoiler in place and snapped some pics :thumleft: .. I liked them lol :D
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

right, the car is finally painted, just needs flattened and clearcoat, hoping to get this to crail on sunday so if anyone's going gimme a shout :thumleft:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:right, the car is finally painted, just needs flattened and clearcoat, hoping to get this to crail on sunday so if anyone's going gimme a shout :thumleft:

I would be so in if we weren't opposite ends of the county , run what you brung events looks a lot of fun :D

Good to see your painter is actually putting some time and effort in to your project .. if it had been ready today , i would have been a bit worried .. 7 days to paint a cars a good show I think.. got there in the end ... just need a bgw now O:)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah, he's had a lot of bother with the paint reacting on the arch extensions, he sent me pics at about midnight last night, i'll spare you guys the unfinished paint job a couple of members have seen it on facebook anyway, he sent pics of the reaction too. Still clearcoat to go on although he says the whole painting process should be finished by tonight. I will believe it when i see it on thursday though, no point getting my hopes up again :)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

couldn't resist putting these up, colour looks fantastic, that's obvioualy in low light too, I;ve always said it was a crap colour unless it's sunny!!

Not sure if there's clearcoat on it now or not :-k

starting to get well excited about this now, the car is gonna look amazing!

=P~ =P~ =P~
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Donato

Post by Donato »

That colour looks really nice!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Donato wrote:That colour looks really nice!

Yeah i'm pretty happy with it, dying to see it altogether, especially with the refurbed wheels!!

Return to “Modifications”