Where can I get hold of an ABflug front bumper?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CalMac

Where can I get hold of an ABflug front bumper?

Post by CalMac »

Never really looked at them before, but I need a new bumper and I'm not ruling any out. Just can't seem to find any replicas (or originals!) :lol:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: Where can I get hold of an ABflug front bumper?

Post by Ryan S »

Banned trader on ebay, search for "mr2 arches" they don't have it listed but they do have them. They have the whole ab flug kit. Whether you are happy to buy from them is up to you, i will say this though, my kit arrived a day early, very well packaged and fits absolutely spot on. The arches did need a lot of work but the spats, skirts and bumper fitted perfectly.
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Ah sweet, I did remember seeing that they sold the whole kit ages ago but figured stock had run dry.

I'll drop him a message on Ebay tomorrow. Thanks :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Mr.Two wrote:Ah sweet, I did remember seeing that they sold the whole kit ages ago but figured stock had run dry.

I'll drop him a message on Ebay tomorrow. Thanks :thumleft:

I can't confirm it's not run dry but I can bet he has the moulds and is making them himself, Whatever anyone thinks of Xxxx (I've no experience with him other than buying my kit) he delivered it well packed, promtly and as described, the fit is excellent, the front lip slipped right on, In my opinion it might look a bit big without the rest of the kit but that's obviously up to you :thumleft:
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

Get Xxxx to install it and paint it aswell he did a very good job on mine and has the 2000sq foot garage and oven room to do it too... that way you wont get any problems

Donato

Post by Donato »

Xxxx doesn't make them himself, but uses an external company to replicate them who probably ship them out from their storage. I've had experience with the Abflug splitter. Almost perfect fit but it does need a few tiny ridges cutting were it obstructs the grill.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Donato wrote:Xxxx doesn't make them himself, but uses an external company to replicate them who probably ship them out from their storage. I've had experience with the Abflug splitter. Almost perfect fit but it does need a few tiny ridges cutting were it obstructs the grill.

I notice he has the kits for sale again on Ebay. they weren't on for a while, they've maybe refined them slightly since you bought yours, mine needed nothing other than smoothing for paint :thumleft:
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

what i love about this kit is that its a add on to the oem bumpers so if it cracks or damages its not a problem, as the oem bumpers are intact. i hate fibreglass but this i can live with
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Ah so it isn't a bumper in itself, just a splitter?

I haven't got an OEM bumper and everyone wants stupid money for them. I gave my old one away to a fellow IMOCer as nobody wanted it back then! :lol:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Mr.Two wrote:Ah so it isn't a bumper in itself, just a splitter?

I haven't got an OEM bumper and everyone wants stupid money for them. I gave my old one away to a fellow IMOCer as nobody wanted it back then! :lol:

yeah bud, it attaches to the oem bumber. it's massive though, Not sure if i would call it a splitter, although I suppose technically it is.
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

So for insurance purpose would you says its a bodykit or add on splitter
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Well technically it is a splitter so i guess that's what i'd tell the insurance it was. Let's be realistic though, it covers nearly half of the oem bumper!!
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

'Super turbo forward-facing air diverter for make maximum touge speed'

You could tell the insurance it's a rare Japanese dealer-fitted front lip. How would they ever know :lol:
Rev5GT

Post by Rev5GT »

I have an oem rev2 front bumper in grey £20. If you buy the splitter from Xxxx I don't mind dropping it off to him so he can post it down with the lip..... Just a thought .

Cheers

Mr.Two wrote:Ah so it isn't a bumper in itself, just a splitter?

CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Sounds like a plan :thumleft:

Just waiting on a response from Xxxx and we'll go from there
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

Mr.Two wrote:Sounds like a plan :thumleft:

Just waiting on a response from Xxxx and we'll go from there

Xxxx is a good guy to deal with... i had the car painted from and even after a year i told him I wasnt happy with it he still repainted the car from scratch again without any questions and now its so good that its better then oem paint as the paint has been smoothed out to a mirror finish, unlike the orange skin effect that you get from factory which is very good but you can get better which alot of detailers do to factory paint jobs for that showcar finish.
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

why's his name become xxxx?! hahah
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Mr.Two wrote:why's his name become xxxx?! hahah

Because he's banned from here for faking timeslips. I'm actually surprised his name was allowed at all, same with the other people who shall not be named and i don't even know why they're banned and i've been in this site near 10 years :)
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Actually he was banned for ripping off one member and physically threatening another, the timeslips thing was just the final nail.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”