[Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2mad

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Post by 2mad »

Good for you .. I dont think anyone on the forum could blame you .. I think you have had the patience of a saint with this chap .
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

To be fair the weather has been great all summer so i've been using the bike anyway, far from the point though, it's not a job that should have taken 6 months, realistically that probably works out to doing around 10 minutes work per day on the car since i dropped it off :(
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote: it's not a job that should have taken 6 months

Agreed [-(
Last edited by 2mad on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Have just spoke to my mate that runs a different bodyshop, they are going to fit me in, so if the car's not done I'm going to collect it on monday and drop it off at the other bodyshop and have it painted. I'll also be asking for a full refund minus what I gave him to refurb the wheels, although they probably aren't bloody done either despite being told they have been. So, to sum up, he has until monday to finish it or it's going elsewhere.

Is your brother in here? He should do a build thread!!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Shep , I just want to see you get what you've payed for mate ..
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:Shep , I just want to see you get what you've payed for mate ..

Same here buddy, price wasn't really an issue (justifying the price of some of the wheels i've seen was though, especially with the missus). I really just wanted a good job and having seen some of his work both first hand and in photos I was more than happy to go ahead and use him, if he finishes the car by monday i'll be happy and there'll be no issue, his time is up now, you can all see how long this has gone on for and with very little updates in all that time....a really poor show in my opinion.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Got my fingers crossed for Monday sheppy .

Didn't want to hijack your thread lol I will find out if my brother in law has a build thread .. the amount of work hes put in over the years I hope he has..
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ach don't worry about this thread man, it's about 7 months old with no significant updates, :( one way or another this car will be finished in a couple of weeks at the very latest!! I kinda want to just go get the car and my money back now, maybe teach the lad a lesson about appropriate timescaling!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Found a pic of his car in banzi (scroll down) white noise 8) .. http://www.okishimaprogram.com/2009_10_01_archive.html

Front rolling shot ...

http://www.jt-culture.com/images/200sx_ ... /s13_2.jpg

How it look now .. https://www.facebook.com/Unit18Automoti ... =1&theater

There you go some wide arch goodness .. hopefully you will be in the club soon :D
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote: maybe teach the lad a lesson about appropriate timescaling!

Could go through small claims court .. the thing is , what I dont get .. the amount of people in your area watching this thread with interest are going to be like "the amount of time this chap takes (maybe hes not for me)...

Terrible pr for his business #-o

I've got my fingers and toes crossed he comes through for you but part of me wants you to make an example of him .

I think you have had the patience of a saint and his treatment of you is not on [-(
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:
sheppy wrote: maybe teach the lad a lesson about appropriate timescaling!

Could go through small claims court .. the thing is , what I dont get .. the amount of people in your area watching this thread with interest are going to be like "the amount of time this chap takes (maybe hes not for me)...

Terrible pr for his business #-o

I've got my fingers and toes crossed he comes through for you but part of me wants you to make an example of him .

I think you have had the patience of a saint and his treatment of you is not on [-(

love this!!! my first turbo car was one of these, i bought it for £500 with a blown turbo, changed the turbo and it lasted me 9 years until i regretfully sold it on, the new owner whacked up the boost and wrecked the big ends with 2 days of buying it!!

yeah I'm in 2 minds about the whole situation too, messaged him yesterday and today asking for an update, ignored, so no updates as usaual, I feel like messaging him tonight and picking the thing up tomorrow but then I think (foolishly obviously) maybe he's right in the middle of finishing it, i doubt small claims will be necessary, he knows he's not done the work, He's out stock car racing every weekend etc so cashflow is obviously not a problem. I'll stand by what I said and give him until Monday then go collect the car and my cash.

as for other folk reading this, I wouldn't recommend using him, his work is top notch and I cannot fault it, but it's beyond a joke the amount of time taken to get to this stage and the car isn;t even fully primed.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:I'll stand by what I said and give him until Monday then go collect the car and my cash.

Good for you shep (no one here could blame you) .. I just want you on the front cover of banzi as soon as possible :wink:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:
sheppy wrote:I'll stand by what I said and give him until Monday then go collect the car and my cash.

Good for you shep (no one here could blame you) .. I just want you on the front cover of banzi as soon as possible :wink:

haha, front cover of barryboys going by some recent opinions of what's tasteful and what's not :lol: :lol:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:
2mad wrote:

haha, front cover of barryboys going by some recent opinions of what's tasteful and what's not :lol: :lol:

I've seen some nice very well put together cars on barryboys .. I dont think half of them know there ass from elbow (got a body kit "barry did it").. I always secretly hoped i'd make it in lol :lol:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

small update, messaged the boyo just now saying that I'm collecting the car tonight regardless of whether it was finished or not and that i'd be needing my cash back, obviously trying to be as nice as possible but when it comes to refunds etc things can sound different than you intend for them to sound, anyway, he says the car is being painted just now and will be finished by the end of today :roll: :roll:

his reply:

"It's in base coat. had to get more paint cause of the paint I put on the first time as the kit was that rough and had to smoothe the hole kit... The rest of the smoothing of the kit took me a good while did not want to rush this.it will be painted by the end of the day"

Not sure what to do now. Do I just turn up at 5 anyway?
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

turn up and have a look at whats been done.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

rev3turbo wrote:turn up and have a look at whats been done.

I've actually just messaged him saying I'm coming down anyway, i'll snap a few pics when I'm there, shouldn't have had to come to this ](*,)
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:

Yes .. call him out on this one .
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:
sheppy wrote:

Yes .. call him out on this one .

yeah deffo, If the car's not painted when I get there i'm gonna just take it away, if it is, then happy days, although i have my doubts :(
2mad

Post by 2mad »

I no I'm just some forum member that likes to shoot the brease with you sheppy .. but i am so angry with how this chap has treated you. if its not done ... end of day .. end of .. take your pride and joy back .. get someone that actually gives a cr*p to finish it for you ... rant over .. lol :oops:

Return to “Modifications”