[Mk2] [Turbo] Took TH off to clean and forgot what hose goes here... See photo

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ProGeoffrey

[Mk2] [Turbo] Took TH off to clean and forgot what hose goes here... See photo

Post by ProGeoffrey »

Took TH off to clean and forgot what hose goes on the gold bit on the under of the intake manifold. I dont remember removing it :(

:mad: I took photos and wrote down what i did but missed this one an cant find a hoes to connect to it? #-o

Gen1

kev8611

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Took TH off to clean and forgot what hose goes here... See photo

Post by kev8611 »

Map sensor next to the diagnostic bit or to the fuel pressure regulator?
ProGeoffrey

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Took TH off to clean and forgot what hose goes here... See photo

Post by ProGeoffrey »

I dont think i have a map but i did find fuel pressure regulator in this

but i'm but to sure what the fuel pressure regulator looks like an i dont think it was hooked up in the first place 8-[
Last edited by ProGeoffrey on Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

Infact maybe your correct lol i just nipped out in the dark an found this :clap:

kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

Yeah thats the one
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

I couldn't sleep last night thinking the map sensor was my missing link to fix it all But still needs full throttle to start then wants to die at idle with ac off when the engine is warmed up :cry:

I did put a vacuum gauge on map(boost?) sensor line with a Y to see what i was getting an it was quivering just under 39 to 37mmHg then dropping with the engine.

I'm sure i'll be posting for help about it soon as i dont think my vacuum lines are correct with the charcoal filter top line coming from the throttle body :-k lol

I'm dieing to get her running to get a MOT hahaha #-o
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Deleted.
Last edited by 2mad on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

2mad wrote:This engine bay pic's quite helpful .. http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ku2/mk2engineloc ... gine01.jpg ..

Those two ports are for the map sensor (you know now) and fuel pressure regulator (make sure this is hooked up).

Good luck mate :thumleft:

Ps. if the car fires up then dies 5 to 10seconds later, this can sometimes mean you have a leak between the air flow meter and turbo .. or you have totaly over looked something like an un pluged sensor (done this myself :( )

I do have a ripped hose to replace that i've clamped up lol I'm calling for a replacement monday/tuseday.
The car has improved a lot since i clamped down the ripped hoes while the engine heats up but when at running temp is dies when idling down.

I have been referring to the photo you linked to but i dont have the EGR vacuum mod or exhaust gas recirc (EGR) valve. Could this be down to gen? mines is a gen1.

Just checked where my lines are going are they dont look good lol an i want to point out i have just got this 2 with the running problems 8-[

It seems the fuel pressure reg is going to the charcoal canister? #-o

I can see the fuel pressure reg and the pipe that follows off the off side (drivers) of the car comes up to this silver Y then to the charcoal canister. When i got the car the Y didn't have anything on the third off so i put a little pipe and a screw in it to seal it off.

On the other side of the engine i've put one pipe to the map sensor and the other as seen goes down to a metal pipe.

Then a little pipe comes up the other side by the fuel pressure reg and goes to the throttle body ](*,)

And while checking plugs an pipes are secure the coolant temp sensor came apart :evil:

:mad:
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

ProGeoffrey wrote:the coolant temp sensor came apart

That's the cold start switch, not temp. sensor.
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:

Thanks mate. Would the cold start switch not let the car idle when hot? would you know lol
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Deleted ..
Last edited by 2mad on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

ProGeoffrey wrote:

Thanks mate. Would the cold start switch not let the car idle when hot? would you know lol

Guess what - the cold start switch only works when it's cold - and switch the 5th injector on for easier starting.

So it has nothing to do with idling and nothing to do with anything hot.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Deleted..
Last edited by 2mad on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

2mad wrote:Dont worrie about the EGR vacuum or exhaust gas recirc (EGR) valve, thats for the us..

Do worrie about your fuel pressure regulator , the vac line should run from manifold nipple to regulator with no t-pieces fitted .

The other goes to map sensor... A t-piece to boost gauge if you have one is fine.

The one on the side of manifold goes to blow off valve iirr..

The one or two on top or throttle boddy (rev1 or 2) just cap them off for now. There for the charcoal canister I think (I just had them capped off)

The two nipples on the back of the manifold I forget what there for :oops: .. Just to see if the car will run you could just cap them off for now.

Good luck :thumleft:

Coolant sensor, get creative and fix that .

Ps. I'm thinking of my rev2 so the more pictures you can post the better i can help 8-[

Basically the car will run with everything capped off bar the fuel pressure regulator .. once its running you can start plugging back in .. tvis, map , bov, charcoal canister ect

So if I've understood correct to start....

:oops:
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

ProGeoffrey wrote:

Guess what - the cold start switch only works when it's cold - and switch the 5th injector on for easier starting.

You sure mate? I dont want a guess i can do that myself. I'd prefer fact :thumleft:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Deleted ..
Last edited by 2mad on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Deleted.
Last edited by 2mad on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

ProGeoffrey wrote:
ProGeoffrey wrote:

You sure mate? I dont want a guess i can do that myself. I'd prefer fact :thumleft:

Lol, Peter's the man :D he knows this $hit back to front, I'm doing my best from 8 year old memory's.
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

2mad wrote:This is how you tvis system should be hooked up (from a st185) .. look at were pipe 3 hooks up to theres a nipple on the runner if you did not know it was there (i had it capped off i was not running tvis)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img801/ ... istvsv.jpg

:thumleft: Cool i didn't know the 3sgte had a tvis too. I'll need to look about if i have one lol

2mad wrote:
ProGeoffrey wrote:

Lol, Peter's the man :D he knows this $hit back to front, I'm doing my best from 8 year old memory's.

Is his nickname Dick because it came across that way that's all. I am dyslexic so maybe i have misunderstood his interpretation of "Guess what"
I dont really see how you can say that without being a dick :?

I just noticed your 1990 Turbo Rev1 Do you still have her? :)
2mad

Post by 2mad »

ProGeoffrey wrote:
I dont really see how you can say that without being a dick :?

I'm massively dyslexic and it takes a GREAT deal of effort for me to get across my point to help people such as your self, I would of had your car running from my past experience with my own car .... CALLING MY A DICK, you can poke it, work it out for your self .

Return to “Mechanical”