[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev3 turbo engine management light - at nurburgring need help.

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Adam86
Premium Member

[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev3 turbo engine management light - at nurburgring need help.

Post by Adam86 »

My EML light is coming on when on track and its code 52 knock sensor. It goes off when engine is turned off. Doesn't come on during normal driving although it did come on once after starting and lightly revving it to around 3.5k. This was whist waiting to enter the GP track. I then turned off to reset and it did 2 laps before the eml came back on.

Is this a dead knock sensor or is it detecting knock?

I can give it plentry of boost on the road and it'll be fine but obviously on track it constant abuse. The light will come on and it'll still run but it's not particularly smooth throughout the rev range.

I can get hold of a knock sensor but not easily.
raptor95GTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev3 turbo engine management light - at nurburgring need help.

Post by raptor95GTS »

I believe it means the knock sensor is dead, it usually goes after detecting large knock events.
2barGee

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev3 turbo engine management light - at nurburgring need help.

Post by 2barGee »

Mine did this mate & I needed a new one
Adam86
Premium Member

Post by Adam86 »

Indeed it was the knock sensor. Got it changed Thursday and did 6 laps on Friday :D

Back home now and have work tomorrow. Oh how the excitement end so quickly lol.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Adam86 wrote:Indeed it was the knock sensor. Got it changed Thursday and did 6 laps on Friday :D

Back home now and have work tomorrow. Oh how the excitement end so quickly lol.

Glad you sorted it mate. How did the laps go?? Was it busy??
Adam86
Premium Member

Post by Adam86 »

It wasn't massively busy when I went out Friday morning and got my first 5 laps in but lap 6 in the evening was a different story!

It's a 4 day Fri-Mon "Green Hell" event and it was rammed!! Not helped by the track being closed most of the afternoon so everyone was desperate to get out lol.

It was alive to sounds of horsepower :D
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

I try and stay clear of the weekends now as there are so many accidents! I managed 8 laps in 2 days this year which was perfect really!
I'll be going back early next year for another 8

Return to “Mechanical”